Need input on which mower to buy

nottamechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow about 5 acres in the hills, but the inclines are not steep at all, could possibly call it rolling hills since I am on top of a ridge.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please delete three, if I counted right, of your threads and put all info into one thread. Multiple threads is very confusing to all and there is no need for more than one. In the one thread you keep include the following info. Price range, size range you feel most comfortable with, would you like Z-turn or tractor, types of obstacles, better explanation of hills/inclines, landscape smooth or rough, one operator or multiple, number of years you would expect the unit to last and anything else that you like we should know about how you plan to use the unit. You must remember that we are located all over this WORLD and not standing next you, trying to pick your brain, with a drink in hand that we brought along to help you out.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Drive all that catch your eye at Dealers not big box stores. Read reviews of mowers you're interested in. Operate all controls while driving mower. Many Dealers are advertising incentives now at beginning of mowing season. Do not be in a hurry, take your time looking & driving. Let us know which mower you choose, thanks, Mark

yellbird

Threads
Drive all that catch your eye at Dealers not big box stores. Read reviews of mowers you're interested in. Operate all controls while driving mower. Many Dealers are advertising incentives now at beginning of mowing season. Do not be in a hurry, take your time looking & driving. Let us know which mower you choose, thanks, Mark

I mow about 5 acres in the hills, but the inclines are not steep at all, could possibly call it rolling hills since I am on top of a ridge.
I have the Grasshopper with the out front deck and have had it for a little better than 15 years, Had one bearing go bad on front of deck. That's it. Mow 2.5 acres and also have the snow blower attachment. The only thing I changed was the seat, think they have better ones now. I canonly say I have been more than happy with Grasshopper. They are not cheap but after 15 years still running strong.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing can kill a Cox and nothing is faster than a Greenfields