Need Help with Finding Wheel/Tire Please

TwoRails

Threads
Hi All,

I need help in finding a replacement front tire, wheel, hub assembly for my Toro ZT 32" TimeCutter® SS3225 (74710).

I managed to run over a pile of thorny berry bush vines and now have a slow leak in one front tire. I figured no-biggie, just get an inner tube for it. But apparently it’s an oddball size as nobody in my town or the next over has one.

I Googled some and even checked Toro’s site and they want too much for them, seeing as I can find a pair of complete tire/wheel assemblies online for almost half the price of just a tire and tube only at Toro.

The catch? I can’t seem to find one for my mower. The two pack at Amazon, and a bunch of other places, is just $47.00 free shipping. That sure beats $40 + shipping for just a tire.

In cross checking, those are PN 105-3471, and my mower is not on anyone’s list as them fitting my mower. And I can’t find a complete assembly PN at Toro’s site, only a tire PN of 130-0725.

I even went done to the local Tractor Supply Company and they didn’t have anything close.

I took the wheel off and did some measuring:

Axle Bolt: 1/2" Dia x 5 1/2"L
Hub: Sleeved. Sleeve just shy of 4 3/8"L
Wheel: Rim ~5 1/2" Dia OD
Tire: 11x4.00-5 22psi max

Anyone know of a descent price for this and where to get it?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I found tubes in that size for $8-10 dollars Any lawnmower shop should be able to have one in stock within a couple days.

TwoRails

Threads
Before I go into tubes, I’m still curious on if anyone has info on a complete tire/wheel assembly.

On getting a tube, I’m having second thoughts. The inexpensive ones all seem, by looking at product photos, to have a round cross-section like a bicycle tire. Also in the description a lot seem to be ‘compatible’ with many sized tires, like a one-size-fits-all glove.

The few I found with a square looking cross section, as in the attachment below, are in the $23.00 range. I’d feel a lot better with a tube that actually fills the volume of the tire, and not just puff out the center like a round tube.

Also I’ve never done a tire this small, and I don’t have a work shop so it’s all done on a fold-up table. The potential problem there is I’d have to take the tire completely off to see what actually puncture it; it’s a totally assumption it’s a long thorn, but could be anything like a nail or whatever. So I need to inspect the inside to prevent damaging a new tube.

And it makes me wonder why local tire shops don’t want to mess with it…?? Are they that much of a hassle?

Attachments

• Square Inner Tube.jpg
    Square Inner Tube.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tires shops don't like messing with them because they don't fit their normal tire changer, and most tire shops don't have small tire changers, and if just replacing the tire and going tubeless are a pain to get to expand out to seal on the bead.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes they are a hassel with a capital H
the lip on the outside of the rim is the same height regardless of the rim diameter so stretching a 4" diameter tyre over a 1/2" lip is a lot lot lot harder to do than for a 20" diameter tyre.
Fitting a square tube is also a PIA as it has to be fitted into the tyre while it is completely off the rim then the whole thin fitted to the rim then the valve found & pushed through the hole in the rim.
None of which is easy.
Square tubes are a gimmick as a tube really has no shape & will expand to the shape of whatever is confining it.
They take the shape of the rim well which is quite complex and the shape of the much simpler tyre.
You do need a tube with the valve in the side and not the inner diameter or risk it pulling back into the rim well when you try to inflate it.

Seek out an industrial tyre shop, not an automotive tyre shop , a place where they specialize in solid tyres for thins like fork lifts & Industrial dollys
They should be able to sort you out with a solid or semi solid tyre that will never puncture again.
However you will need to take the thick wallet with you because down here we are talking 3 numbers before the decimal point .
Most such shops ( workshops more than retail shops ) will have a good selection of complete wheels on hand so take the fork & axle with you in case you need a complete wheel ( change both sides ) .
I just had a 16 x 6,5 x 8 tyre removed that had a semi-solid inner tyre under a normally treaded outer case .
They have to be pressed off which destroys them to replace the case , the workshop charged $ 60 each ( $ A ) wheel to remove the tyres & inners so I can repair the rim & fit sd tubeless tyres .
The replacement semi-solid inners were $ 140 ( $A ) each if I wanted to replace them.
Oh and they weigh around 50 lbs each