Export thread

Need Governor Arm And Springs

69Spiderman

I have a Troy Built 6250 generator with a 13hp 420cc Briggs and Stratton engine model number 30594A that I need a govenor arm and the springs to go with it. I've tried Briggs and Stratton, Jack's, Ereplacemennt and numerous others to no avail. Anywhere else I may look? Thanks for the help

StarTech

StarTech

First you need the engine's model, type, date codes.

The model post is not a model number but is a conversion kit.

69Spiderman

First you need the engine's model, type, date codes.

The model post is not a model number but is a conversion kit.
All of the stickers have been power washed off. I looked under the engine cover on the ohv plate and cannot find the numbers anywhere

StarTech

StarTech

Okay a little off here the generator model number is 030594A and not 30594A. Should have a 1450 series engine.

The model, type, and datecode should engraved at position "A" on the crankcase. Should be something like 25P132-0003-G1.
1677817748686.png
BTW what in the heck are you power washing a generator for. It is an electrical item and can be shorted out.

69Spiderman

Okay a little off here the generator model number is 030594A and not 30594A. Should have a 1450 series engine.

The model, type, and datecode should engraved at position "A" on the crankcase. Should be something like 25P132-0003-G1.
View attachment 63577
BTW what in the heck are you power washing a generator for. It is an electrical item and can be shorted out.
25U032-0001-G1
I got this for free from someone that couldn't get it started but I got it to run and it puts out power just not governed power thanks for helping

StarTech

StarTech

Okay currently Briggs does not provide the governor arm and springs part numbers for the 25U032-0001-G1 per Briggs Power Portal and their Eparts site.

Attachments

• 25U0320001G1~.pdf
    508 KB · Views: 4

69Spiderman

Okay currently Briggs does not provide the governor arm and springs part numbers for the 25U032-0001-G1 per Briggs Power Portal and their Eparts site.
I really appreciate all of the help you have given me but none of the governor parts are available on there. Are there any salvage yards for generator's that you know of

I

ILENGINE

This has the manufactured by Generac and marketed to Briggs with licence to Troybilt vibes. Or a Briggs while falsely claiming to buy Generac while stealing their technology paths.

StarTech

StarTech

It is a complicated history. Yes for about 10 yrs Briggs had exclusive right to the Generac portable generators but that expired in 2010. And apparently after Briggs filing Chapter 11 things have gone South for the consumer that had portable generators made by Briggs. I don't know if this engine was made for Briggs or Generac but it does have the Briggs model number format.

https://www.archute.com/who-makes-generac-engines/

It is a crying shame no one wants to fully support the engine or the generator.

StarTech

StarTech

On top of that it appears to me that Briggs is going completely out of business as way too many parts are becoming NLA lately.

69Spiderman

On top of that it appears to me that Briggs is going completely out of business as way too many parts are becoming NLA lately.
Thank you for the insight

B

bertsmobile1

FWIW
B & S Australia is now the sole distributor for Oregon, Walbro , + B & S .
They are also to local distributor for Echo & Shindawa and have been trying to buy other distribution franchises.
So from where I sit it appears that they are transitioning from a manufacturer ( engine assembler ) to a distributor .
And everything they touch gets the B & S Kiss of Death.
One of my wholesalers has tied their apron strings to B & S , stopped bringing in aftermarket B & S parts & only offers genuine B & S parts, thus around 80% of what I might want to order are NLA or on back order
So now at least 1/2 of what I use is coming direct from China, 1/5 from the USA and the balance split between the 2 local wholesalers .
Their rep was around the other day wondering why my spend had dropped by 2/3 so I told him.
The response was to shrug the shoulders , tell me he could not do anything about that and warn me that they are closing low volume accounts to increase profitability.
I asked him how reducing sales volumes increases actual profit & got no reply.

StarTech

StarTech

It was the same A&I (Sunbelt Outdoors) here that sold aftermarket parts for the Briggs line until they sign a contract with Briggs and before I left them they would not sell anything that fit only Briggs in the line of after market parts.

Briggs parts orders fell off the cliff per say as customers started dumping the Briggs engines due lack of parts being available for repairs.

69Spiderman

FWIW
B & S Australia is now the sole distributor for Oregon, Walbro , + B & S .
They are also to local distributor for Echo & Shindawa and have been trying to buy other distribution franchises.
So from where I sit it appears that they are transitioning from a manufacturer ( engine assembler ) to a distributor .
And everything they touch gets the B & S Kiss of Death.
One of my wholesalers has tied their apron strings to B & S , stopped bringing in aftermarket B & S parts & only offers genuine B & S parts, thus around 80% of what I might want to order are NLA or on back order
So now at least 1/2 of what I use is coming direct from China, 1/5 from the USA and the balance split between the 2 local wholesalers .
Their rep was around the other day wondering why my spend had dropped by 2/3 so I told him.
The response was to shrug the shoulders , tell me he could not do anything about that and warn me that they are closing low volume accounts to increase profitability.
I asked him how reducing sales volumes increases actual profit & got no reply.
Thank you

69Spiderman

Thank you