Need a Zero Turn, 1st purchase

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm hoping that's done but it's good to know to check it, can't take much more than 10-15 minutes for peace of mind. Guy said they had one on the floor but would assemble one out of the crate for me. Place was pretty busy and their parts/blade/product inventory was very good and quality stuff. Got to see how they dealt with customers for about 20 minutes before I went up to work stuff out. I feel confident they will take care of me and do a good job should I ever need the service.

MParr
yes in NC towards the coast. What drives me nuts is I'm more north than my parents and they have none! I recently graduated to a "damn yankee" living here. We had may flies up north but they eventually went away, these things suck!
Buying from a servicing dealer is always the best choice. Good luck with your new machine. I’ve owned two Toros with the Toro branded Loncin engine. I never had any problems with the engine. Safety switches gave me the most problems. It should serve you well.

Down here we have gnats,yellow flies, deer flies, horse flies, stable flies, and mosquitoes. By July 4, we should see at least one 100 degree day.

Lawn Addict
Threads
A good dealership will have checked each of the items you listed.
Mine did, but I still had to adjust the deck to cut to the height gauge on my Timecutter.. I always double check things anyhow..

MudHole

Threads
Not that this is a big deal but its been through several cuts already and I got the mulch kit on.

Havent seen my lawn healthier than it is now. Going to do some leveling next season to get rid of the big ditches and holes in my hard but the suspension system has been incredible. My Dad loved his quick test drive so much he asked if he could cut the lawn for me!

When I mounted the mulch kit I did the deck leveling, everything was spot on except one side was boarderline (1/8") over needing an adjustment so I made it. Was honestly so minor it was down to judgement call of the assembler in my opinion. Also threw on an hour meter after my first cut, $7 amazon meter that fit right in the pre cut box on the control panel and the existing wiring harness plugged right on. Tire pressures all checked out to the manual.

Appreciate the advice on here, definitely feel like I got a great machine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The frame is more robust on the Ariens. I once owned a Toro Timecutter MX5000. I put the Timecutters in the same class as those whimpy JD residential zero turns sold at the big box stores.
When has a mower frame ever failed? Heavier decks only rut the turf more. Should be the last feature you look at. Even the el cheapo hustlers are more than fine.

Focus on greasable bearings and the like. Dual element air cleaners.... Engines should be forgotten too. Most mowers never outlast their engines.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take Dad up on his offer, never know when he can’t be of help and will make him extremely happy to know you appreciate him. As I posted earlier, I’ve yet to find a customer who’s not happy with this unit after they get used to it. Make sure you let the dealer know you are happy, they very seldom hear the good side of their sales.

MudHole

Threads
Take Dad up on his offer, never know when he can’t be of help and will make him extremely happy to know you appreciate him. As I posted earlier, I’ve yet to find a customer who’s not happy with this unit after they get used to it. Make sure you let the dealer know you are happy, they very seldom hear the good side of their sales.

Oh yea, he offers help I have no problem letting him go for it. Hes the type who cant sit still so he enjoys helping out and we absolutely make sure to let him know its appreciated.

I will, little dinky leaf blower I got when I moved in isnt cutting it in the fall so I'll be purchasing from them again soon anyway. I prefer giving business local when I can, especially when they've treated me well so far.

Chevy Chase

Forum Newbie
Threads
Following. Newbie here and had the same question. :)