Need a pic of the throttle and choke linkages

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Almost 50 views and not one person can take a pic real quick. I'm begging lol

:welcome:

The generations with extended texting thumbs :thumbsup: picks up on LOL.:laughing:
The rest of us old farts need smilies to convey emotions :thumbdown:
particularly the trade members who scan quickly through posts while on the phone placing orders and writing invoices.
I initally missed you lol myself and would have given you a similar response but was beaten to it and don't like me tooing.
They even have a cute :anyone: if you did not get a response.

Govenor springs do not cause surging, blocked fuel passages in the carb or air leaks on the engine side of the fuel venturi in the carb cause surging most times.
the rest of the time it will be a govenor malfunction.

The manual tells you how to hook up the govenor and which springs holes to use.
They only change the response to the govenor.
The spring holds the throttle open the govenor works against that spring to close down the throttle.

Next, a lot of members use the "recient posts" function or the email function so if their email app sends out receipts it will show up as a view and in my case I hit recient posts 3 or 4 times a day as I surf this forum when I come up for a cuppa or pee so 4 of those 50 could have been me and not necessarily other owners deliberately ignoring you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First of all, Pathetic and miserable are some of the nicer things I'm call, but abbreviations and little pics have never been a part of technical services. You seem to have an answer for everyone of the techs who offer help, telling them " Thanks but no Thanks," not the same as mine. Nice try at back tracking in your response to me, but I've forgotten more about carbs, governors and linkages than you'll ever know. If you are half as smart as you portray, you should be able to use your manual (if you read it and not just look at the pictures) to figure your problem out. Or you could just reread Berts reply, as he told you how to do it.

Searles400

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about you just stop posting on this thread since you and I are obviously just going to clash.

Bert thank you for the response and I apoligize if my other post came off as being impatient...it truly wasn't meant that way. I ran some seafoam through it and it seems to have helped with the surging. The control bracket has holes labeled 1 through 4 and a hole labeled G. The previous owner had the governor spring in the #3 hole of the control bracket and no idle spring. The manual shows the idle spring in the #1 hole and the gov. Spring in #4. Should I put it back to what the manual shows or like he had it. Also I was under impression that without the idle spring it would idle up and down since it doesn't have the spring to counterbalance. Thanks again for any advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
read carefully the govenor setting section of the manual several times
Then sit down and move everything by hand and see what goes where and how it moves when you open the throttle and when the govenor moves back & forth.
Returning the setting to those the book shows usually will not hurt and you can always put them back.
A trip past a scag dealer won't hurt particularly with your camera phone in hand.
I for one think the choke is fouling on the throttle.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are correct, my time was well spent, as I see that you have finally learned to read the manual. Once again teaching takes different methods for different people. follow Bert's directions, don't second guess him, and you'll solve your problem.