My new to me Snapper

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can't imagine that the key for that switch is uniquely special... you should be able to find a replacement easily...
It should have points and a condenser, However there were replacement solid state devices made to replace the mechanical points... :smile:KennyV

DJayhawk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Someone took the condenser and points out of the machine :( from what I'm understanding thought they are relatively cheap?

Duffer72

Threads
post a pic of the coil we should be able to tell you if it has been replaced with solid state ignotion, I would guess if it is that old it has been replaced, the key is stamdard , any dealer should have them for a dollar or two.

Dannie

Threads
Just getting to seeing your post, hope not to late to help. Someone has replace the points and condenser with electrical coil.I can tell by the plug wire. Check engine for spark with kill wire off if you have spark check with kill wire on and switch on, no spark will mean a safty switch bad.You may have to soak carburetor in order to remove jets.Any mower key will fit that switch.Good luck.

ranger101

Threads
Ok so tonight I took the flywheel off to check the condenser and points and it's not there :eek: someone has stripped it off of this machine at some point. Luckily the parts don't seem to be too expensive does around $8.50 this sound right?

Also do I necessarily need this key switch?
Snapper%252520Key.jpg

There is one wire coming from underneath this plate that is not connected to anything I assume it might have went to a battery? Then there is also a wire coming off my magneto that is not connected to anything would this have been the other path off the battery?

Another problem I'm having is getting the main fuel jet nozzle out :mur: I'm starting to break the brass inside the slot. Any tips for getting this out?

It Looks like you,ve got a really Major project ahead of you. But should be worth it.