My lawnmower stopped working where do I begin to look?

Oiler

Forum Newbie
I was mowing the lawn which is about 3 feet high today and the darn thing stopped. I could not restart it and it is full of gas and oil. It tried but doesn't turn over.

Where do I start to look for the cause. I vaguely know it could be the spark plug, carb but little else. I am not a handyman and it takes a while to find someone to help.

If it is a simple fix like spark plug maybe I can do it else I am stuck.

Advice appreciated.
 
I was mowing the lawn which is about 3 feet high today and the darn thing stopped. I could not restart it and it is full of gas and oil. It tried but doesn't turn over.

Where do I start to look for the cause. I vaguely know it could be the spark plug, carb but little else. I am not a handyman and it takes a while to find someone to help.

If it is a simple fix like spark plug maybe I can do it else I am stuck.

Advice appreciated.

Take a look at the 3-feet tall grass as the cause.

If the only thing you can do is replace the spark plug, you can try that. They're only a buck or two. But it is probably not the spark plug, so you are stuck.
 
A little more information please.
Details off the sticker under the seat to start
Then an exact description of what happens when you turn the key.
Everything you see hear & smell.
 
Back
Top