My Hood has no vents

kermit911

Threads
I have noticed on a lot of these tractors, all the hoods have vents or cut outs for air to get in. Mine does not, would it be wise to put a vent in the top of my hood or in the side of my hood?

It can't hurt can it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hoods are generally there to protect engines from weather...& ... to aesthetically make a lawn mower look like a tractor...
Sometimes about all they accomplish is holding in the heat... But a few actually are designed to help with air flow. So you will have to determine if you will be working against an engineered design or aiding it...

In any case I would not open the top... :smile:KennyV

kermit911

Threads
Thanks dude, I wasn't sure... it just doesn't make and cents, but who am I to question engineers? :smile:

Thanks
Dave

benski

Threads
I've met a couple of engineers that have had very little common sense, but looked good on paper.:wink::biggrin:

Chev

Threads
As a Design Engineer I can say that sometimes powers that be stop production from creating what the engineer had intended.

Sometimes you have to look at the system and try to modify it to be like the engineers intended. :thumbsup:

sss

Threads
If thats how it came new then it can't cause damage:smile:

benski

Threads
I wouldn't worry about it too much.:biggrin: Just run a good synthetic oil in it and go.