Add to that I've got a lot of people that walk by my house on the street and it's a little nerve racking to have anything but the normal stuff on there just in case a little stone happens to get picked up.
Learned my lesson on this last week. My wife was mowing while I was picking up branches from a recent windy thunderstorm. I kept a respectful distance from the Raptor, but I caught a thumb-sized piece of branch right on the temple. I saw stars, and it drew blood... and it was 30 feet away. I turned my back on the mower the rest of the mowing session. Later, a small piece of wood hit me right in the butt, and it stung like a BB hit me. No more! I will now pick up the yard before the mower is even cranked from now on.
I got hit with debris from my old mowers many times, but it never felt like a bullet. I have never been afraid to re-design things, but I will try my best to get along with the stock equipment before I modify the bullet deflector.

