My Chevy Powered L i f t

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So there sets my Chevy with plenty of power so why not put it to work. Blades sharpened - deck cleaned.

OSHA doesn't need to know everything.

Attachments

• Tractor Lft single tree  close 2015.jpg
    Tractor Lft single tree close 2015.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Tractor Lift snatch block 2015.jpg
    Tractor Lift snatch block 2015.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 73
  • tractor lifted 2015.jpg
    tractor lifted 2015.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Tractor Lift done 2015.jpg
    Tractor Lift done 2015.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 80

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So there sets my Chevy with plenty of power so why not put it to work. Blades sharpened - deck cleaned.

OSHA doesn't need to know everything.

attachment.php
This is much safer and much simpler

Attachments

• img_0522.jpg
    img_0522.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
attachment.php
This is much safer and much simpler
Yes I know, building single trees, tying knots, hanging snatch blocks and driving a pickup truck forward the correct distance confuses people.

Try hanging your deer this fall with yours.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I know, building single trees, tying knots, hanging snatch blocks and driving a pickup truck forward the correct distance confuses people.

Try hanging your deer this fall with yours.

Sorry I don't hunt so I don't have to worry about hanging a deer.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
At my home shop I use a floor jack because I don't work out side and like working off a floor and not the ground. Also I am working on customers mowers. Now at my camp I use some what the same idea you have, only different is I use a come along and yes it hangs a deer or bear just fine. As a matter I do like your idea and might just try it next I am up there if I have a need. I also have a winch on the front of my ATV which I find very handy.

Pumper54

Threads
Senior
I have a mower lift but I do like the way you think. Truly a "shade tree" set up. Simple, easy and made up of stuff you have around the house.
Tom

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Howd ya guess that's how I do stuff? :laughing: Actually that rope holding the snatch block in the " shade tree " is one I made from a large spool of Macrame cord that came in an auction box of stuff, and made with a rope maker I made. That's just how I was raised from a kid on a poor farm. I have a come-a-long and 2 block and tackles but neither would be nearly the fun this was.

Pumper54

Threads
We have to make do with what we have. How did you fair with the storms, any flooding? Water is going down around here but have not seen it this bad since we had "Rain with a name" , well I guess Tropical Storm Bill was "rain with a name".
Tom

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have to make do with what we have. How did you fair with the storms, any flooding? Water is going down around here but have not seen it this bad since we had "Rain with a name" , well I guess Tropical Storm Bill was "rain with a name".
Tom

No flooding here in the NW part of the state.

For the best Mesonet site in the country go to Mesonet | Home Page. Click on more maps and you can get a wide range of information.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now back on the farm when I was young and foolish I can remember pulling car engines using a apple tree limb and a chain fall. Also changed a few farm tractor clutches that way. As I also remember using a bumper jack to rise a car. Didn't think too much about safety but got the job done and still living.