my car /Landscape float

briggs

Threads
here is the float i just built it started life as a camper trailer reinforced the deck area with tubing weld plate on the outside so i can haul a mid size car but i made it to haul my EQ around ...I get allot of calls for repairs and stuff so i pick them all up at once i can fit 5 lawn tractors if i get them on there right the deck is long 20 feet long center deck is plywood winch is rated for 3000 pounds ..It pulls nice i just put back up lights on it just have to hook up the electric brakes ..I made the ramps 3 feet long ..But i am going to change the to a fold up style that slide on a bar

Attachments

• 10232013638.jpg
    10232013638.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 11032013643.jpg
    11032013643.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 11032013644.jpg
    11032013644.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 11032013663.jpg
    11032013663.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 68

sdsra

Threads
Nice job Briggs!!!!!!!!

briggs

Threads
Nice job Briggs!!!!!!!!

thank u i am going to put side rails on it and put more tie downs in total i will have 10 of them i am also going to make folding ramps that will be adjustable ...Winter project when the shop is not busy

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool trailer!

How is that Chevy Blazer? I read that in the 90's many Chevy (GM cars) had been eating some gaskets, because GM decided to use Dexcool, wich was the worst antifreeze ever for gaskets. Did yours needed to be redone?

briggs

Threads
Cool trailer!

How is that Chevy Blazer? I read that in the 90's many Chevy (GM cars) had been eating some gaskets, because GM decided to use Dexcool, wich was the worst antifreeze ever for gaskets. Did yours needed to be redone?

yes we did the gaskets they were bad for taking out the intake gaskets ...I bought the real good ones from Felpro they are rubber with a steel core they wont blow out again lol I need to change the water pump now it just started leaking but its been a great little SUV it has 260 tho on it it still hauls *** has a 4.3 vortec full load every option under the sun GF loves the seat warmer lol

Threads
Why not make ramps for the sides too ,then you can get the one in the front or middle without unloading every thing:thumbsup: Just make them slide along bottom rail :wink:

briggs

Threads
Why not make ramps for the sides too ,then you can get the one in the front or middle without unloading every thing:thumbsup: Just make them slide along bottom rail :wink:

I thought about that also ..but I don't want to get to much on it because I use as my derby car trailer to I might make a set of removable ramps for the sides will do that over the winter

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I thought about that also ..but I don't want to get to much on it because I use as my derby car trailer to I might make a set of removable ramps for the sides will do that over the winter
Let's see a pic of the derby car.

Have not done one of them in years. Was a lot of fun

briggs

Threads
Let's see a pic of the derby car.

Have not done one of them in years. Was a lot of fun

I will get one up soon have to get a photo of it ...Its at my dads place not enough room here at my shop to store it for the winter ..I might let the GF drive it this year while I build an endurance car for the dirt track

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will get one up soon have to get a photo of it ...Its at my dads place not enough room here at my shop to store it for the winter ..I might let the GF drive it this year while I build an endurance car for the dirt track

Not many tracks around here run the endurance class any more.
I started out in mod mini years ago now I run SLM

Run mostly at Dixie speedway in Woodstock GA
My favorite track is a high banked 1/4 mile
In Hollis AL