My 345 is gone

metz12

Threads
My friend and i were doing some wood today and he decided to drop a tree while i was getting a drink and it got out of control and the tree landed right on my husqvarna 345! its okay though i think i have had the thing for like 3 years now? i was due for a new one since i want to do away with bringing my homelite(which i use for a ground saw and it runs on 32:1 instead of 50:1) but i guess that isnt happening soon! so im in the market for a new 18" chainsaw and since they dont make the 345 anymore what should i get? another husqvarna? stihl? echo? i really need a new one so any help would be great!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
My friend and i were doing some wood today and he decided to drop a tree while i was getting a drink and it got out of control and the tree landed right on my husqvarna 345! its okay though i think i have had the thing for like 3 years now? i was due for a new one since i want to do away with bringing my homelite(which i use for a ground saw and it runs on 32:1 instead of 50:1) but i guess that isnt happening soon! so im in the market for a new 18" chainsaw and since they dont make the 345 anymore what should i get? another husqvarna? stihl? echo? i really need a new one so any help would be great!
I would get a sthil farm boss :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Do you want to buy another chainsaw or do you want to upgrade to another and better saw. If you were happy with the Husqvarna and it worked for you then I'd buy another. Any of the three mentioned in a 18" are going to be in the same general price range and work equally as well so buy the one you'll be happy with.

I can tell you I really like my Stihl it starts really well runs great and cuts great and I think the Stihl is the best on the market but that's just my opinion. I'd buy Stihl.

possum

Threads
Are those Husq saws up to lots of cutting? They look like a cheapo Poulan or Mac to me. I have never run one. If you are into serious cutting a Pro saw would be the one to get. I would not leave it lay when I went for water though.

metz12

Threads
Are those Husq saws up to lots of cutting? They look like a cheapo Poulan or Mac to me. I have never run one. If you are into serious cutting a Pro saw would be the one to get. I would not leave it lay when I went for water though.

it wasnt like it was right next to the tree. it was about 30feet from where he was cutting. i went about 200 away feet to the trailer and i saw my little orange saw under a big red oak. i didnt think it would fall on my saw. next time i will think better though. but it still gives me an excuse to buy a new toy:biggrin: and i have used a smaller poulan (i think right around 35cc's) and it sucked. the husqvarnas are way better than poulan. but i have uses the poulan 5020 and it was awesome. but i dont want anything that big. its kind of heavy.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something that may be worth reading before buying
Who makes the best chainsaw

Who makes the best chainsaw

There are many models of chain saws available to select from in the marketplace. What might make your particular selection the right choice for you could be determined by the chain saws intended use. As with all tools and equipment products, some products are better than others. Some retail stores have various manufacturers construct their chain saws for them and then they will label the chain saws with their own name. Sears would be a prime example of such a store and they would use their Craftsman label. If you are interested in your more inexpensive chain saws then you might try shopping at stores such as Wal-mart or other larger chain stores. Wherever you decide to purchase your chain saw, always keep in mind the question regarding warranty work for your chain saw.

As far as the best brand of chain saw to purchase, it really comes down to your own personal view and researching what the experts have to say about the different chain saws. Relatively speaking, Homelite, McCullogh, and Poulan chain saws have been generally inexpensive chain saws over the years. Myself, I have personally used a Homelite chain saw for many hours. The main use for my Homelite chain saw was falling smaller diameter lodge pole pine and the Homelite chain saw performed in an excellent fashion always.

The personal recommendation from many chain saw experts is either the Stihl or Husqvarna chain saw. Both of these chain saws are greatly respected throughout the industry and are known for their longevity of use. Of course the primary piece of the puzzle is proper care and maintenance. Both of these chain saws are very well engineered equipment products for their weight to power-chain ratio. Overall the Husqvarna chain saw is the easier of the two chain saws to work on and as a side note, the Stihl chain saw requires metric tools. On who makes the best chain saw, please do some of your own investigation and the best to you on your new purchase.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Consumer reviews for chain saws

If you are looking for a quality chain saw that starts easily and runs smoothly to help you prepare firewood each season, the Husqvarna 345 e gas chainsaw might be your answer. The Husqvarna chainsaw is a reliable chainsaw from a very reputable manufacturer. The Husqvarna 345 e gas chain saw starts surprisingly easily, runs smoothly and can cut down very good sized trees. The 345 e will meet or exceed the wood cutting needs of most owners. The Husqvarna 345 e features a decompression valve and a well-placed fuel pump to make starting this chainsaw fairly easy. This easy chainsaw starter cranks up a three horsepower gas engine that is powerful enough to cut down the occasional tree up to about two feet in diameter. The Husqvarna chainsaws forged three piece crankshaft helps account for the durability of this chain saw. An air injection filter system keeps over ninety seven percent of dirt from even reaching the filter, so it is kept clean for a longer period of time. A vibration reduction system that isolates the handles from the engine with rubber mounts or steel springs keeps vibration to a minimum.

metz12

Threads
Consumer reviews for chain saws

If you are looking for a quality chain saw that starts easily and runs smoothly to help you prepare firewood each season, the Husqvarna 345 e gas chainsaw might be your answer. The Husqvarna chainsaw is a reliable chainsaw from a very reputable manufacturer. The Husqvarna 345 e gas chain saw starts surprisingly easily, runs smoothly and can cut down very good sized trees. The 345 e will meet or exceed the wood cutting needs of most owners. The Husqvarna 345 e features a decompression valve and a well-placed fuel pump to make starting this chainsaw fairly easy. This easy chainsaw starter cranks up a three horsepower gas engine that is powerful enough to cut down the occasional tree up to about two feet in diameter. The Husqvarna chainsaws forged three piece crankshaft helps account for the durability of this chain saw. An air injection filter system keeps over ninety seven percent of dirt from even reaching the filter, so it is kept clean for a longer period of time. A vibration reduction system that isolates the handles from the engine with rubber mounts or steel springs keeps vibration to a minimum.

i wish my 345 didnt get a tree dropped on it.
im using my homelite with a 16"bar on it now.

Threads
i wish my 345 didnt get a tree dropped on it.
im using my homelite with a 16"bar on it now.

Well, yeah; I would be wishing the same thing if that happened to me! But now you get to buy a new chainsaw! :thumbsup: