my 20314 fix

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So my little residential toro had its first falling out today I use this maybe 5 hours a week as I like the way the lines look on small yards and I absolutely love this engine I will probably keep it forever. I love the mulching capabilities probably the best mulcher ever with the atomic blade. But the tranny is what kills this mower ive had a few little problems with it since i starting using it last year.
The wheel gears get dry and have no greese zerks so once a week i take the wheels off and saturate them with grease (marine).
The belt cover has a habit of collecting debris also once a week when i clean the deck i take this off and clean.

But today i went to engage the self drive and I got nothing lifted the back up and engaged it again the wheels spun fine. put it down and they stop. got it home and had to basically dissemble the entire under deck and the handle unit to figure out that the metal plate that connects to the tranny and the cable was missing 2 of 3 screws found some replacements. Decided since I had the whole thing in pieces i would see if the greese in the tranny is still good unscrewed it and got it open to find to my surprise NO GREASE at all completely dry :eek: . Packed it full of marine grease. Contacted the dealer to let him know in case others have no grease he said he would look into it and let me know that I voided the warranty (which i voided about 2 weeks after i bought it).

Ran it and mowed with it thing drives better than ever. I estimated the mower had about 150 ish hours on it :) Still love it only thing I wish they did differently is the chute needs to be bigger.

Threads
So my little residential toro had its first falling out today I use this maybe 5 hours a week as I like the way the lines look on small yards and I absolutely love this engine I will probably keep it forever. I love the mulching capabilities probably the best mulcher ever with the atomic blade. But the tranny is what kills this mower ive had a few little problems with it since i starting using it last year.
The wheel gears get dry and have no greese zerks so once a week i take the wheels off and saturate them with grease (marine).
The belt cover has a habit of collecting debris also once a week when i clean the deck i take this off and clean.

But today i went to engage the self drive and I got nothing lifted the back up and engaged it again the wheels spun fine. put it down and they stop. got it home and had to basically dissemble the entire under deck and the handle unit to figure out that the metal plate that connects to the tranny and the cable was missing 2 of 3 screws found some replacements. Decided since I had the whole thing in pieces i would see if the greese in the tranny is still good unscrewed it and got it open to find to my surprise NO GREASE at all completely dry :eek: . Packed it full of marine grease. Contacted the dealer to let him know in case others have no grease he said he would look into it and let me know that I voided the warranty (which i voided about 2 weeks after i bought it).

Ran it and mowed with it thing drives better than ever. I estimated the mower had about 150 ish hours on it :) Still love it only thing I wish they did differently is the chute needs to be bigger.

I am glad you got it fixed! :smile: