My 11/11 story

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't remember my dad's birthday. He's been gone since I was 14. I know about when it is, sometime in march.
But once when I was 11 years old, I was at my dads visiting. It was 11/11 of 81. We went to Captain Nemo's for sub sandwiches.
When we got home, I noticed the time was 11/11. Then noticed on the receipt, the bill was $11.11.

I'm not a religious man. But when the clock or the date pop's up 11/11, I think about the ole man and wished he was looking after me.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am a faithful believer, & I think your Dad has been watching over you all your life, & still is... (y)

My Dad passed suddenly on Nov 1st, 1979 & I believe he is still watching over me as well. But at times I do still miss him..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am a faithful believer, & I think your Dad has been watching over you all your life, & still is... (y)

My Dad passed suddenly on Nov 1st, 1979 & I believe he is still watching over me as well. But at times I do still miss him..

When I happen to notice the clock at 11:11, it's like a sign that I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
All of us miss our Dads. But I would not want him back if that meant having to lose him again, it's just too painful. Even though there are TONS of questions I'd like to ask him now.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
All of us miss our Dads. But I would not want him back if that meant having to lose him again, it's just too painful. Even though there are TONS of questions I'd like to ask him now.

My ole man was a jack of all trades. And had mastered a few. He was a diesel mech for International Harvester for many years. When I was a truck driver, there was a 1,000 times I needed to ask him something. And even more times, I just wanted to call him up just to say hello.
I always enjoy spending time with my own kids. Something they don't understand is when they come around, I enjoy working. I like seeing them fixing stuff. And fixing stuff together. But, they don't care for all that. They'd rather just sit & talk.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't miss my dad that much. He was a dutiful parent, more than a lot of kids have today, but nothing special. Had there been decent birth control, or even abortion on demand, I might not be here I suppose. Maybe made me a better parent because of this.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I don't miss my dad that much. He was a dutiful parent, more than a lot of kids have today, but nothing special. Had there been decent birth control, or even abortion on demand, I might not be here I suppose. Maybe made me a better parent because of this.
I think i speak for all of us when i say we're glad you are HERE

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

For what ever reason, you're here. And that's a good thing.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, my Dad was a perfectionist, (today they call it OCD), & as such, he demanded that of me. I didn't like it at the time. But it has helped me to be do the best I could at things, or at least try. He taught me many things.

He always believed to not just learn one trade. But to learn as many as you can.

He was a GC who built houses, & in winters we would rebuild what ever excavator or dump truck needed repaired. I started off by wiping off his tools at around 7 or 8 yrs old..

NickPCKV

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am beyond grateful for the men and women in this world who sacrifice so much to keep us safe! Thank you Vets!

<deleted advertising link>

Last edited by a moderator: