Murray 30" Rear Engine Mower - Switch Help (does not turn off)

fixit_joe

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Murray 30" Rear Engine Mower - Switch Help (does not turn off)
It doesn't show the kill circuit. What is the model number of the tractor/mower itself?
1999 Murray 30 inch Rear Engine Mower (30500x92A). I think the kill circuit is the yellow wire to the engine. I think it is intended to illustrate the kill post on the ignition coil. The electric diagram is from JacksSmallEngines.com.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It doesn't show the kill circuit. What is the model number of the tractor/mower itself?
The circuit is in plain sight in post #9...

fixit_joe

Forum Newbie
Threads
So the remaining question I have is, will it be okay to bypass the 2 limit switches noted in the electric diagram from post #9 since the previous owner removed them entirely?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So the remaining question I have is, will it be okay to bypass the 2 limit switches noted in the electric diagram from post #9 since the previous owner removed them entirely?
I would just wire the thing directly to the kill terminal, but we are not allowed to say it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If the mower is starting don't worry about the two safety switches. Per the wiring diagram posted they are for the starter circuit and have 12 VDC on them which if wired to the ignition coil will short it out. Apparently someone has already bypassed them. The only safety switch involved in the kill circuit other the ignition switch is the seat switch per the wiring diagram posted.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
so to consolodate it
The yellow wire is the kill wire and it goes to ground to stop the engine
check that the key switch connects the yellow & black wires ( M & G terminals ) in the off position
If it does that then check that grounding the yellow wire kills the engine and there is continuity between the G pin on the key switch & ground .
If grounding the yellow wire does not stop the engine check that it is connected to the magneto.
The kill switches are the key switch & the seat switch which are parallel circuits so wither lifting your bum or turning off the switch should ground the magneto & stop the engine

SamB

Threads
so to consolodate it
The yellow wire is the kill wire and it goes to ground to stop the engine
check that the key switch connects the yellow & black wires ( M & G terminals ) in the off position
If it does that then check that grounding the yellow wire kills the engine and there is continuity between the G pin on the key switch & ground .
If grounding the yellow wire does not stop the engine check that it is connected to the magneto.
The kill switches are the key switch & the seat switch which are parallel circuits so wither lifting your bum or turning off the switch should ground the magneto & stop the engine
My opinion ,along with other posters here, is to never bypass the safety switches because that's what they are for-safety. When I bought my CZ42175,the seat kill switch was disabled. In the unlikely event I turn my mower over, I want my mower to shut off.
The same with the "no start in gear" switches on the steer levers. Engine starts with the drive levers in motion position is never good.

Gord Baker

Threads
These schematics seem to differ. With Key ON check to see if there is voltage at the Yellow wire. If NOT, connect them to Ground. One appears to be to the seat occupied switch the other to coil ? Start engine and see if it will turn Off.