Murray 11/36 Deck Bearings / Jackshaft HELP

doctorold

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray model 7-36508 11/36, 11HP with 36" cut, riding mower that broke a belt at the end of last season. I have been using my backup mower but I do not want to put money into it right now when it would be better spent on the 11/36.

I am unsure of the proper method to disassemble the Jackshaft Assembly for repair or replacement. I have replaced the bearings in one of my others before but this model does not have a nut on top of the jackshaft. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I attached a couple of pictures, if more are needed let me know.

001.jpg
002.jpg

Mikel1

Threads
The bolt goes in all the way so your going to have to take the nut off and knock it back up.

doctorold

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just see the blade adapter and the washer above the blade. I will add the link for you, a side note zoom in and go down.
Lawn Mower Model 7-36508 | ToolPartsDirect.com

That is what I meant. I believe that is what is acting as the nut on the bottom. So, the question is, how do I hold the shaft to remove the blade adapter? My guess is a plumbers pipe wrench positioned just below the pulley. I was hoping that someone had removed one like this before and would know exactly how to do it. I can fix most anything, but a little help goes a long way sometimes.

doctorold

Forum Newbie
Threads