MUDDY MOWING

Threads
I was mowing yesterday, the day after it rained a lot, and everything was still muddy, and a little wet. I was mowing this yard that had a small mud puddle below their drain (maybe 2 ft wide). I mowed through it :licking: and it left little mud-marks in the grass. The whole back yard was not as bad, but you had to be REALLY CAREFUL, or else the whole lawn would be mud. I was worried they would notice it, but then I relaxed after a truck working on their house backed into their yard, and when he pulled out, he spun out, leaving these DEEP marks. I am no longer worried!
DSCN0368 - Copy.jpg
My mower was so dirty after this, it had mud on the deck behind the wheels, that splattered up. But mowing when it is muddy is kind of fun! :laughing:
DSCN0320.jpg

D2hornets58

Threads
I was mowing a lawn two days ago and it started to pour out. When i started it was barely raining and by the end it was down pouring. My mower was sliding all over the place. when i hit the brakes my tires would just slide. There was also grass all over the mower because it was wet so it just stuck everywhere.

Threads
I was mowing a lawn two days ago and it started to pour out. When i started it was barely raining and by the end it was down pouring. My mower was sliding all over the place. when i hit the brakes my tires would just slide. There was also grass all over the mower because it was wet so it just stuck everywhere.

But you've got to admit, in a way it is kind of fun! Until you realize you are soaking wet and cold! :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was mowing yesterday, the day after it rained a lot, and everything was still muddy, and a little wet. I was mowing this yard that had a small mud puddle below their drain (maybe 2 ft wide). I mowed through it :licking: and it left little mud-marks in the grass. The whole back yard was not as bad, but you had to be REALLY CAREFUL, or else the whole lawn would be mud. I was worried they would notice it, but then I relaxed after a truck working on their house backed into their yard, and when he pulled out, he spun out, leaving these DEEP marks. I am no longer worried!
View attachment 9009
My mower was so dirty after this, it had mud on the deck behind the wheels, that splattered up. But mowing when it is muddy is kind of fun! :laughing:
View attachment 9010

You're worried about leaving a few tracks, that's almost a givin on a lot of lawns here. Try mowing someones yard and getting a ZTR stuck in the yard because there so wet. We just came through a three inch rain tonight so it will be a real mess tomorrow, it will be push mower only if I even go out.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
A while back a commercial property that I mow for the company i work for had a leaky sprinkler head (or a couple) and I was zipping along full speed on my 36'' scag with sulky and my wheels instantly stuck :( me and my crewmate tryed to push it lift it move it sideways but ended up digging it worse and worse. Anyway i had a cheapy nylon rope in my truck ( I never new why it was there) but we tied it to my truck blocked 2 lanes of traffic and managed to pull it out. Cost my boss a grand total of nearly $100 in turf repairs and he was nice enough to pay my traffic ticket of $200 for obstructing traffic without a permit >.<