mtd deck belt

sss

Threads
in winter i removed the deck from my mtd ha4145 to illiminate rust underneath today
i went to do the firt cut off the season with the deck back on i was driving to the field when i smelt the deck belt burning (with deck on stop position) after looking underneat i saw the belt was turning is this because the belt is to tight? if so how do you loosen it?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
in winter i removed the deck from my mtd ha4145 to illiminate rust underneath today
i went to do the firt cut off the season with the deck back on i was driving to the field when i smelt the deck belt burning (with deck on stop position) after looking underneat i saw the belt was turning is this because the belt is to tight? if so how do you loosen it?

Possible cause is that the rod for moving the deck forward and disengage the belt in the top position has fallen off due to the split pin breaking.
The rod is right under the tractor close to the right hand rear lift linkage.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the belt on right. Sounds to me like the belt is on the out side of the belt guides

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

sss

Threads
thanks:smile: the belt was not alined on one of the guides poped it back and the burning is no more:biggrin: