MTD being resurrected

Hush

Threads
I like the heating idea, that has worked for me in the past with locked up motorcycle calipers, disc slid out easily. Now new dumb question: My catcher at the rear has a metal rod sticking up from it, this does not appear to be attached to anything, is it supposed to be and what purpose does it have? Photo is off Google not my mower but same model.

Attachments

• MTD stick.jpg
    MTD stick.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Hush

Threads
OK the heating in the oven worked on the brake pistons that plus some bashing with a FBH and a punch, all cleaned up now and ready to be reattached when weather plays ball. I benched the carb and it wasn't in bad condition, the bowl had some gunk and rust in it so all cleaned out and also waiting on the weather Gods. I noticed a wire near the brake system and a plug where it could attach, is this another safety thing?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes that will either be the seat switch some one pulled off or the reverse switch to stop you mowing backwards
The reverse switch is on the axel for Hydros, on the F-N-R lever on variable pulley drives and on the gearbox on geared models .
BE careful when you reassemble the brake as you will now have to adjust it
The brake should dissengauge just as the drive clutch puts enough tension on the belt to cause the rear pulley to spin.