Mowers

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you. My dealer ordered a part from Snapper for me, and it's been almost two months.
As of right now I have waited on a belt to finish up a customers rider for a month. Got the belt yesterday. Also have a roll of chainsaw chain that has been on backorder for a month. My average backorder time for Briggs parts has been 7-10 months.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep
I have 8 loan ride ons that go out to customers when a repair is going to be a long time.
I have not had one of them back in the workshop for 2 years
My 3 loaner chainsaws are all out, the 2 line trimmers are out and I am just starting to get the 24" walk behinds back that I use when I run out of loaner mowers
Some B & S parts have taken over a year , Kohler parts have been fairly good , Kawakasi obviously get all their parts made in China because they became unavailable the day China shut down & I am still waiting for some con rods which I should have ordered in from he USA, but USPS stopped shipping to OZ so it $ 70 for UPS , Fedex or $ 90 for DHL and they still take a month after the parts land to get them to me .

RayMcD

Threads
The first things goofy did was shut down pipelines and open the border.
Man you are nice, STUPID is as nice as I get, unfortunately he knows exactly what he is doing and it is not for mine or your good... r

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The first things goofy did was shut down pipelines and open the border.
Tzar Putin the 1st and emperor Xi Jinping the 1st would both like to thank you for your support of their plan to destroy the USA by dividing the population and turning them against each other to the point of civil war.
As Tzar Putin has just found out a lot easier & cheaper to get a country to destroy itself than sending in the Russian army ,
So keep up the good work
Spread the discontent that is totally unwarrented ( massive fuel price rises are because WALL ST speculators drove the price up )
Get some more armed idiots to storm the white house and with a bit of luck it will escallate to a full blown civil war
You never know perhaps the South will win this time

But whatever you do, do not sit down and do proper research into what is really happening because when you find out your are just a pawn in a communist plot to destroy the USA you might have trouble coming to terms with that and the resulting medical costs from straitening your head out will send you bankrupt .

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Americans are like this all the time Bert. We are at each other's throat until someone yells alarm, and then all the cowards flee for Canada, and all we are left with are Patriots. Right now we have some folks in office who would sell their grandmom's if it was profitable for them. It will work out in the end. What will not work out are a couple generations who many of them don't know what work is. I've heard more than one pass on a $100,000 a year job because they don't want to be like their parents or grandparents were, having to leave for work at 7am and not getting home until 4:30pm M-F.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because we actually have free fair & democratic elections controlled by an external authority the divide & conqueur methods have not really worked down here
But from Prime Minister Howard , it has been raising it's sinister head .
Every problem got politicised so it became a blind faith , them or us, decision, not one based on fact or science .
Climate change /pollution being the prime example as the hard right took it up then turned it into a "lefty communist" ideal when they thought there was not enough votes in it.
From down here it seems the division rot in the US started with President Regan and has gotten worse with each President since then.
I am spell bound to think that a country when they all pulled together could pump out a B26 every 15 minutes , 5 Merlin engines an hour and heaven only knows how many jeeps, tanks ambullances, etc etc etc can not manage to make a simple lawn mower any more .

Even the enquirery into Russian influence into the previous presidential election was done to prove that President Trump requested it.
The idea that Russia would do it of their own free will because their intelligence department worked out that Mr Trump would escallate internal divisions , set the population against each other & paralyse foreign affairs by continual changes in staffing & policy never seemed to be considered .
Yet that is exactly what happened so President Trump set the scene for the debarcle in Afghanistan & to a point the invasion of the Ukrane which Tzar Putin has been planning for at least a decade .
Not saying the current President is free from any blame in any way shape or form but the fact that Americans who seem to be intelligent well educated people could actually think ( repeat rather than think ) that a president can control the price of anything let alone the price of fuel.
The only tool in a presidents armory ( or a Prime ministers one ) is to release oil from the strageic reserve which is there for emergencies like earthquakes or wars . What do they expect the President to do dictate the pump price of petrol, isn't that the hallmark of a command ( communist ) economy ?
Subsidise the petrol refineries so more taxes ( the peoples money ) has to be diverted from elsewhere ? Raise taxes to cover the extra cost of petrol subsides ?
Remember President Regan hammering home that all taxes were bad and had to be minimumised so the "trickle down" effect could make poor American's rich.
Apprently the suck it up effect that further impoverishes to poor to increase the wealth of the already obscenely rich was beyond his imagination.

Australia is the 3rd largest LPG exporter on the planet yet because of bad planning on the East Coast we are paying 5 to 10 times ( note that is times not % ) what the importers we are supplying pay and on top of that we have pledged gas to the EU to replace Russian gas .

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
remember that Reagan won a re-election with a landslide. He won all but the swamp. He had an onset of dementia in the last year, and his VP, G Bush 41 did not do anything to stop even his cabinet staff from participating in selling away American manufacturing. The idea was that China would be our friend and help us overthrow the USSR. Then the USSR fell and China got stronger and stronger. Now they even harass your country in a bad way with their jets and ships. All that said, I spent a day with Reagan when he was the Gov of this state. We remained friends for life and I exchanged letters and thoughts with him on occasion. I was invited to their ranch once with some of the other young men who had been a part of a model California government but chose to not go as politics did not interest me then. Now seeing what has happened in this country, I wish I had been more involved younger in life. He was a man who cared about people. We spent a day together and there were no cameras around. I was 17. He could have just said, go sit over there, read and be quiet. Instead we had many conversations about things that might help my generation, and the families and friends around me. I can't imagine any politician doing that today in this country. Once in Los Angeles a woman lost her home to a tax sale that was somewhat mishandled by LA County. He was a secret donor who got it reversed and paid her taxes so she could have her house back. He did things like that all the time and never wanted people to know that he was the secret donor. The Democrats do not like him because they always have to have someone to blame for problems. It is part of how they do business. In fact when I worked for the state, the executives would flat tell you that if you wanted to climb in state government you had to have someone to blame always in case something didn't work out. It is a cardinal sin here in government to accept responsibility for anything unless it is good.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No ones goes into politics with malicious intent
But power corrupts
And power gives one the impression that they are infaliable so they stop taking sound advice .
Regan probably believed that by substantially reducing the tax on the very wealthy they would spread their money around to the benefit of all .
The fact that the vast majority would only use the extra cash to make even more cash at a higher return rate probably never crossed his mind .
However it is a simple fact that the megga rich become megga rich because the one thing they worship above all is money and none of them can ever have enough until they are the wealthiest person in the street, club, church, company, state, country, planet and most carry on that way till they are faced with their own mortality and the one tax they can not avoid death duties / inheritance tax when they suddenly become very philanthropic because they want their idology to survive them.
Bill gates is the perfect example of this, a man who became rich by stealing, manipulating politicans , crushing any opposition with a business plan that would make any autocrat proud .
Now he is staring at the grim reaper approching his front door he has become a humanitarian totally forgetting about all those he crippled and those who he bankrupted into their graves .

We had similar Prime Ministers down here.
Whitlam believed deeply in the nobility & generosity of the working class so he abolished university course fees,( a couple of years too late for me ) in the belief that the children of working class parents would all become engineers , doctors , scientists & great humanitiarians
In reality the children of the working class were ever bit as greedy, spiteful & nasty as their wealthy contemporaries so they all became accountants, economist & lawyers & stuffed their own pockets to the detriment of all .
Like the UK we have a permenant public service there to give free , frank & accurate advice to governments.
However every new administration rips out public service jobs so then they hire consultants to give them the answers they want to hear and when it goes wrong they can blame the consultants for getting it wrong and not take the blame themselves.

One of my friends I went to uni with used to work for the public service.
He & about 100 or so others read every newspaper, government press release, Business journal ,notice to stock exchanges & company returns world wide.
When he found some thing that a minister should be made aware of, the article was copied & sent to his supervisor for further copying & distribution.
Things that needed more investigation then got sent to another section for detailed investigation.
So for example when President O'Bama gave GM a BS loan of 4 billion to build a state of the art aluminium foundry in Michigan this was big news as it was the first new foundry to be built by an American company on American soil for nearly 20 years and it was due for completion in 2016.
Now GM Australia made a loss of every car that rolled off the production line but it made a massive profit ( carefully hidden from the government ) from the foundry as we made nearly all of the alloy castings for GM world wide and as it is expensive to ship an alloy block or head from here to Vietnam or Mexico for machining & assembly we machined & assembled most of them here using precision parts imported from other GM plants ( one way to hide the profits ) .
Thus the new US foundry would make GM Australia financially unsound so it was no surprise to me when they announced in 2015 that the Aust plants would close in 2016 but it was to the government because they had no idea of how GM Australia made its money and no idea that the foundry was going to be built despite it being in just about every USA newspaper almost weekly ,
So of course the government of the day hired a consultant to do a report that was so wrong it was not funny
They stated that there would be 1400 direct job losses at GM ( totally ignoring that Ford would also pull out & Toyota as well ) plus a further 2,000 indirect jobs lost, ignoring that Allied transport alone had 1800 owner drivers who worked exclusively making deliveries to GM so they could practice "just in time" manufacturing
In total over 300,000 people lost their jobs and 15,000 companies closed down but the failure to know this was blamed on the short time frame to make the report .
Ford, GM, & TOYOTA have all been waiting for one of them to close down since the Howard government abolished import duties on most US cars so there was no point in US companies making cars in Australia , but none of them wanted the bad will that would created if they were the first one to pull out .

Last edited: