Mower wont start.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't see how it could burn a garage/house down.
Some people like me, park mowers in the garage. Some people have cars in their garage. I have several gas cans in there too.

Put away a hot mower in a 110 degree garage in peak summer. Think about it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Obviously from somewhere fuel only flows when the engine is running.
Lots of mowers have gravity fed tanks. Some larger ones have fuel pumps. Just saying.....

You should be able to wipe your fingers around every end of a hose or connection and find a fuel leak.

Like I said before, replace ALL of your fuel line and be done with the leaks. Unless your tank has a leak? We are talking a couple bucks here.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
parking a mower in a garage was not the issue, what was said was do not park it in the garage if it is leaking fuel because one does not want a mower fire in the garage. The OP said no big deal. 100 sticks of dynamite is a big deal and any spark can lite the fumes, water heated, wall switch etc.. Fix any leaking hoses or park it in an open space away from anything that can become a secondary file if a few drops of fuel falls on a hot muffler etc.. I don't see what there is to debate about.

Looney_Tunes_Duck_Amuck_Game_Cover.jpg

Last edited:

eng3

Threads
Lots of mowers have gravity fed tanks. Some larger ones have fuel pumps. Just saying.....

You should be able to wipe your fingers around every end of a hose or connection and find a fuel leak.

Like I said before, replace ALL of your fuel line and be done with the leaks. Unless your tank has a leak? We are talking a couple bucks here.
I wiped my finger along the hose where it sticks out and it is always dry. I assumed this is the lowest part so fuel would drip down. That is why I am thinking the leak is not coming from there.
I'll open it up and take a closer look.

a gallon of gasoline has the explosive force of just under 100 sticks of dynamite. You really don't want ANY fumes or leakage in the garage. When gasoline burns it melts the tank and lets the gasoline flow all over everything. Spraying it with water just spreads it -and if things are hot the steam just makes a big cloud of flammable droplets. Think grease fire in a pan in the kitchen when someone pours water on it. You do not want a mower on fire in the garage.
Some people like me, park mowers in the garage. Some people have cars in their garage. I have several gas cans in there too.

Put away a hot mower in a 110 degree garage in peak summer. Think about it.
As I "think about it", I still don't see how my garage/home would burn down/explode. I have lots of dangerous things in my garage, car, gas cans, paint, etc. My furnace is in a closet in there too. As I've stated, the mower only leaks fuel while it is running. I clean it off after I mow the lawn and store it in the garage and it does not leak anything, outside is bone dry, nothing on the floor either. All my containers are capped. Even if I had a small pool of gasoline on the floor and parked my mower on top, it would not be hot enough to ignite gasoline fumes. It's not like I'm smoking in there. Maybe at most, I could start a pool of gasoline on fire if I for some reason dropped an open flame right there, but it wouldn't just explode. Maybe if I had an open container and there was no ventilation. I'd need to be incredibly unlucky to happen to have the perfect gasoline fume and oxygen mixture in the garage to cause an explosion. If it were that easy, we'd have exploding garages all over the place.