Mower won't cank

Dennis Meyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftman professional 2011 model no. 247-28980.

Problem - won't crank.

While cutting grass mower quit running it seamed like the seat switch cut it off. I removed the switch. I tried to jump the switch not sure I did it right. When I omen it out with the switch with the button out I get a reading on all ports. If I push the button in I don't get a reading on one of the ports the other three read. Does this mean the switch is bad or good?

Question

If the switch is bad how can I go around it?
If the switch is good what should I look for?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dennis

Threads
t
I have a Craftman professional 2011 model no. 247-28980.

Problem - won't crank.

While cutting grass mower quit running it seamed like the seat switch cut it off. I removed the switch. I tried to jump the switch not sure I did it right. When I omen it out with the switch with the button out I get a reading on all ports. If I push the button in I don't get a reading on one of the ports the other three read. Does this mean the switch is bad or good?

Question

If the switch is bad how can I go around it?
If the switch is good what should I look for?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dennis

When you had the switch pushed in did you have the brake locked? To jump it for testing just run a wire from one side to the other I use a piece of wire, or a paper clip. Also the last time mine done that I was so aggravated I forgot to push the pto clutch back in as it will not start with it on.