Mower Stalling

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replace that aquarium hose with real fuel line made for gasoline. Get proper clamps for the same hose on each end. Fires are no good.

slomo

anthony7501

Threads
Replace that aquarium hose with real fuel line made for gasoline. Get proper clamps for the same hose on each end. Fires are no good.

slomo
That is the hose that came with it when I bought it used from someone. I will replace the hose also. Thanks

anthony7501

Threads
That is the hose that came with it when I bought it used from someone. I will replace the hose also. Thanks
I replaced the auqarium fuel line with a real fuel line as you suggested and put the filter going the right way, I can't figure out how to get the bottom cup off. Any ideas?carb1.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
that's an anti afterfire solenoid, you'll need a 1/2" wrench to get it off, but you'll need to grind it down so it will fit in that small space between the solenoid and carb bowl.
There have been a few times i was able to spin one off by hand BUT they were FEW and FAR between

Last edited:

anthony7501

Threads
that's an anti afterfire solenoid, you'll need a 1/2" wrench to get it off, but you'll need to grind it down so it will fit in that small space between the solenoid and carb bowl.
There have been a few times i was able to spin one off by hand BUT they were FEW and FAR between
OK thank you!

gsim

Threads
Suspect contaminated fuel or float level off. Also could be linkage to governor or governor spring.

kjonxx

Threads
Replace the filter as turning it around will allow captured dirt to enter the carb. Also I think checking the seat switch if connected would help since disengaging pto makes a difference and inclines and or cutting sideways on hills would cause you to lean thereby possibly comiing off the seat enough to kill engine. Just my 2 cents thanks guys.

gsim

Threads
I replaced the auqarium fuel line with a real fuel line as you suggested and put the filter going the right way, I can't figure out how to get the bottom cup off. Any ideas?View attachment 52463
If you reversed the old filter, you have set yourself up to have the dirt trapped in it dumped into your carburetor next time you start it. Best to install new one, and to keep a spare. Always a good idea to replace it at in springtime when readying mower for cutting season.

steve0701

Threads
The picture of the fuel filter shows almost no gas in it. Is that the correct fuel line? Any air leak will prevent proper fuel delivery.