Mower Stalling

anthony7501

Threads
Hello Everyone,
I have a Bolens ride on Mower. When I have the blades engaged and driving around if I hit a bump in the grass, I have some low spots, or am on a small incline or decline the mower starts stalling. As long as I am on flat ground no issue. Only happens when the blades are engaged. I recently changed the gas filter. While it's stalling if I disengage the blades it recovers. Any ideas?l1.jpgl2.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the carb is not getting enough fuel while the blades are engaged. I would start my troubleshooting by cleaning and rebuilding the carb, making sure that the float level is set properly.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a layer of water sitting in the bottom of the carb, jostling things sends a slurp of water up into the engine.

Loosen the nut or solenoid on the bottom of the carb and drain out the carb for a bit. Look for water/gunk in what dribbles out.

anthony7501

Threads
I've never worked on a riding on lawn mower engine excpet replace the fule line. Is that hard to do. Should I watch Youtube videos? I am Audio Visual technical but not engines. But I will try.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes it is the carburetor. The fuel solenoid thingy with the wire is what you need to remove. It take a 1/2" thinned open end wrench to remove it. Also I not mistaken that fuel filter is on backwards. It was meant about water in the carb fuel, same thing goes for the fuel tank.

anthony7501

Threads
OK, I really can't bring it to a place. I don't have a big enough vehicle. I will start with the Carb, check on the fuel filter. And I am guessing clean the engine from all the oil. Then try to find the leak. I may be back for some more help.