Mower Humor

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got my long sleeve flannel shirt as a kid working in the Machine Shop, Running a milling machine grab my sleeve & start winding me in, I was fortunate enough to hit the stop button.

Then I understood why the Boss didn't want anyone to wear loose clothing on the mills or drill presses..

You're very lucky. I worked in machine shops when I was in my 20's. Seen a guy get his sleeve caught. It nearly took his arm off. Broke 2 bones, pulled his shoulders out of socket. Someone else had to hit the e stop for him.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Saw the aftermath of a guy getting his ponytail wound-up in a drill press. Most of his scalp and hair were still on the bit/chuck.

so.

much.

blood.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well its Halloween month so I reckon horror stories are the rage.

When we are young we are stupid about safety but hopefully we all learn before something bad happens. It like wearing safety glasses. They are a pain but having to get an eye worked on is not fun if you don't lose it. Last year I had a piece of metal to get pass my safeties and had to have it removed. Very lucky it just got stuck on the surface but was still painful.

63 and still learning not to be stupid.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well its Halloween month so I reckon horror stories are the rage.

When we are young we are stupid about safety but hopefully we all learn before something bad happens. It like wearing safety glasses. They are a pain but having to get an eye worked on is not fun if you don't lose it. Last year I had a piece of metal to get pass my safeties and had to have it removed. Very lucky it just got stuck on the surface but was still painful.

63 and still learning not to be stupid.

Very true about Halloween month.. Yep you were lucky on the eye deal. As a young kid I had a fascination with watching spiders attack their prey in their web. I used to drop ants in the web & watch closely, one spider spit his web/string right in my eye. Yep, Mom dragged me to the hospital.

63, you're still young, I'm 67 & 7 months old.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
when I was a kid, my dad took me to a movie at the Union hall. Some safety thing for apprentices w'ever. They showed surgery on an eye. They used an electromagnet to locate a steel shard before they cut into the eyeball.

I have worn safety goggles on some occasions, but probably not everytime I SHOULD have.