Mower for 6 to 7 acres

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I mowed our 8 acre lawn for years with my 35HP tractor with an 84" deck before I bought a zero turn.
The 35 HP 72" deck zero turn will mow circles around the tractor with an 84" deck.
Tractor with 84" deck took me around 3 1/4 hours to mow our 8 acre lawn , the zero turn will mow the same lawn in just over 2 hours.
I purchased a commercial grade zero turn because I wanted to cut my mowing time and I wanted the mower to last me 25 years.
(50-60 hours average per year x 25 years should put me around 1250-1500hours) a commercial mower ( Hustler Super Z) should do that with ease.
Only if you service it regularly .
What many forget is most mower contractors will service their mowers weekly , & monthly and some I know change blades daily .
Way too many of my customers bought commercials thinking that they will run forever without any servicing at all .

gcrabb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have cut about 10 acres for around 20 years, started out with a John Deere LX178 garden tractor from a place in town, then using a Farmall H with a KK 84" finishing mower for large open area's. The John Deere garden tractor did not hold up on large property. Traded that in on a used John Deere F1145 and a new John Deere 2305. The F1145 cut great around tree's and evergreens with a 72" offset mower. The John 2305 had a Curtis Cab, 62" deck, 60" front mounted thatcher, 54" snow blower, loader, and Peco 50 cubic foot trailer vacuum. This year we purchased a Ferris 3200Z for 11K out the door with taxes. We are currently using a John Deere F1145 for trimming around tree's and stuff, the Ferris if it for cutting in big open/ruff area's and the John Deere 2305 when running for leaf pickup, spring thatching with pickup, and snow blowing during winter. The John Deere 2305 and newer John Deere products have been a disapointing with a lot of expensive repairs.

DK35vince

Threads
Only if you service it regularly .
What many forget is most mower contractors will service their mowers weekly , & monthly and some I know change blades daily .
Way too many of my customers bought commercials thinking that they will run forever without any servicing at all .
All my equipment gets well serviced/maintained.