Mower Deck for 42" Murray Select 2004

LT1045wrh

Threads
Hi,
I have a great old Mower that has a bad mower deck. Has anyone ever used an old Craftsman model mower deck to replace it with? I have a couple of old Craftsman mowers that have 42" decks. Would love to convert one of those and use it on my Murray Select.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Wendy :cool:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can weld then you just need to move the lift braces.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

LT1045wrh

Threads
Bummer, guess I'll have to take a welding class. Maybe I'll try somewhere to find a used deck.
Thanks for the tip.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why not just use the craftsman

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why not just use the craftsman?

LT1045wrh

Threads
The craftsman is not running, it is parted out. I noticed the Murray deck has "bolted on" brackets, so I might be able to go old school and just drill new holes etc...
Also, was thinking about just cutting up an old car tire and attaching it to the Murray deck to block the outflow of fresh cut debris. Actually, that is what I'm probably going to do. The tire is naturally curved with a lip (side wall) that I can bolt onto the deck. It is heavy enough to hold itself down over the opening in the deck. I'm thinking it will re-purpose the tire, and save me some money. Now, how do I cut a rubber tire??? Maybe a hacksaw? I hear tires are pretty hard to cut. I know I have a heck of a time putting in plugs!
Maybe if I find this will work, I'll do a YouTube video for all those folks who accidentally run over something and put a gash in their mower deck. :laughing:! I know I'm not the only one. We could probably have a whole forum devoted to "stupid" mistakes like running over stuff we know we should not have.
W