Mower blades not turning

sessman55

Threads
When installing a new PTO clutch it has to be burnished in, according to instructions with the unit. Also, there is a specific gap between the clutch segments that can be adjusted. Too big of a gap and the clutch may not engage fully.

pops52

Threads
If it's not kicking in at all your "new" switch may be the fault. Regardless of the condition of your idler, the motor should still rotate the belt even with its dragging on a pulley.
Thanks, appears the after market switch came with " extra" plastic near the contacts

pops52

Threads
When installing a new PTO clutch it has to be burnished in, according to instructions with the unit. Also, there is a specific gap between the clutch segments that can be adjusted. Too big of a gap and the clutch may not engage fully.
Clutch was fine, after market switch appears to be the problem

pops52

Threads
I have a mower that will not engage the PTO Clutch when it is hot. Engage the clutch cold and it will work fine. But, don't turn it off because you will not get it to reengage again till she cools down for several hours.
Turned out to be after market switch wasn't making a solid contact..thanks

TobyU

Threads
Clutch was fine, after market switch appears to be the problem
Then you shouldn't have been hearing a click from the clutch when the switch was pulled like I thought I read in the original or a previous post.
That's one way to test out the system on a mower by either having the belt off and engaging the switch multiple times to listen for the click of the clutch snapping together or on many mowers you can just sit there with the key on and sitting on the seat and pull the switch or flip it and you will also hear the clicking even without the engine running.