Mosquitoes

RockHound

Threads
I went through a stand of grass the other day and it was in a wet spot. The mosquitoes came out in a cloud. I couldn't believe it. Should I spray the area with some type of insecticide? I'm afraid we are going to have West Nile if I leave it as is.

indypower

Threads
buy a bathouse and get some bats. 1 bat can eat over 1000 mosquitoes an hour!!

beesnroses32

Threads
I like the bat idea. We have bats here, but we also have a lot of wet spots. We use a lot of skin so soft as repellent. It seems to work. (Both genders use it.)

Hershey

Threads
They recently did a story on the news about a lady who had brought in bats. That would scare me though. Don't bats have their own issues? It's darn eerie, that's for sure. However you need to do something. They are worried about West Nile around here too.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bats are great to have around if you can get them to stay.... they are also fun to watch, they will pretty much leave you alone, but cats like them... KennyV

beesnroses32

Threads
Bats can get rabies, but so can most wildlife. As long as you don't have bats flying around your bed room while you sleep you don't have anything to worry about when it comes to rabies, and the benefits in terms of bugs out weigh the tiny risk one could fly in your room at night.

173abn

Threads
I have bats,they are quite benenficial little critters.when I sit out on my deck I use one of those OFF repellant jobs with the little fan,it seems to work pretty good.when I worked at the V.A. in Topeka on the graveyard shift we would sometimes get bats on the ward ,we would catch and relase.Some of the staff would freak as well as some patients so I would voultneer to catch them and made sure they wern't harmed. russ

Hershey

Threads
The rabies thing is what gets me. I'm not sure if I were a neighbor to someone who brought in bats that I wouldn't question it and the legality of purposefully bringing in rabies carriers that could endanger myself, my family, and my pets.

EverGreen

Threads
There are all kinds of bats that fly around my neighborhood. My parents thought I was crazy when I told them about seeing bats until they were over one day and saw them. I like the idea of having natural mosquito deterrents.