More useful than an hour meter!

Neo7

Threads
I've just replaced my hour meter with a twin temperature gauge. The top temp is engine oil and the bottom temp is Transaxle. Now I don't have to worry about over working either :thumbsup: :laughing:

All the best.
Neo

kSCGWom.jpg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool set-up, but how do you track the hours now ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you do a full service at the end of each season who cares about the hours ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd rather have the hour meter. Some things are not a 'once a season' maintenance item.

Neo7

Threads
I'd rather have the hour meter. Some things are not a 'once a season' maintenance item.
That's true and it's very prudent of you to stick with the service schedule but temperature is a great indication of current engine health well before a service is due.
A classic example would be the day a whole pile of dry grass gets sucked up into the flywheel fan and ends up covering the the cylinder cooling fins. Engine overheating is a major cause of parts failure and cooling fins can get obstructed at any time ..... All the manufactures know this btw!
Besides there's nothing to stop anyone fitting a temp gauge somewhere else and it's such a low cost mod ... A manufacturer could add this for $5 during the build.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now I wouldn't mind having all 3 in my case having 2 hydros. :thumbsup: Not counting my current hour meter,,

Neo7

Threads
Now I wouldn't mind having all 3 in my case having 2 hydros. :thumbsup: Not counting my current hour meter,,
Very Wise :smile:

Lawn Addict
Threads
See what you started.... :thumbsup: