Model 92902-3271-01 won’t keep running

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Remove the mixture needle and seat. Check for clogging there. According to the IPL you this type of carburetor.

This is instruction on removal of the part.

1661517975610.png
Reassemble by reversing the directions.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Rivets if you look at the picture of 681 (pn 395508) you see that I am right about the part.

Now there are two version the mixture screw setup but IPL indicates it is Fig 21 setup.
1661523955506.png
And there are three choke systems that could be used. See figures B,C, and D. In this case it is either B or C.
1661524257411.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve been talking and think about the pump diaphragm, now I see your post is really talking about the same carb, but different part.

Jim131

Threads
I took out screw with spring and washer but that’s all that would
come out. After attempting to pull out any other parts and not wanting to damage anything I use my high pressure to blow out. Put washer spring then screw and tighten until spring started to compress. I pulled several times with no luck. I’m getting a workout. Next I added gas down choke/air intake and after a couple pulls it ran fine for 10 seconds then stopped as it seems out of gas. Yea the tank is full. My local hardware had the diaphragm so will replace and more to come.

Jim131

Threads
I used the new diaphragm but no luck. It will only run the few seconds of gas I put in the air/choke. I was able to remove the plastic piece with a rubber washer where the screw etc is. I couldn’t remove what looked to be a screw head but it seemed to have a few holes that were clear. I’ll need to research if this unscrews out and if so will replace. I blew out all the other pieces and they seemed clear. I’m getting closer to looking at electric mowers. Good thing I have a rider but it doesn’t cut as nice as the hi-vac does.

Jim131

Threads
Latest. Well I can get the engine to run for more than a minute at times which is more than any gas I put in the air intake so I believe the engine is getting gas. So now I’m playing with the carb adj screw. The engine has a cutoff unless you hold on the safety bar so im going to rig it so I won’t need to hold it once running and try adjusting the screw slowly. Sometimes when the engine runs at high it seems to get starved for fuel and cuts out. Seems odd. I’m hoping I can correct this with the screw. Hate to give up on this but I’m also looking at those eGO mowers.