Miners in Chile

Twinkle

Threads
I m waiting for news of a movie based on their inspirational story. This is the kind of thing that makes me grateful for what I have, we take so much for granted. I hope the media leave them in peace though.

monica123

Threads
I certainly worry about invasion of their privacy. They will be "celebrities" for a while when I am sure they just want to relax and spend times with their families.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I m waiting for news of a movie based on their inspirational story. This is the kind of thing that makes me grateful for what I have, we take so much for granted. I hope the media leave them in peace though.

I think many of them will enjoy being in the public eye for a while, but that would get tiring after a while. I wonder if their country makes such a big deal about celebrities the way ours does, on tv I see these huge crowds in Hollywood or whatever clamoring for a look at some famous person and a hundred camera flashes going off per minute....Jeez, why do people care about getting a look at someone like Jessica Simpson, or whoever? I tell people even if she was at a party next door (100 feet away) I wouldn't bother to go over and get a look at her. Or anybody else who makes such a fanfare when seen in public WHO CARES???

brucesdeere

Threads
I heard on the news today that when they were released from the hospital they snuck them out the back to keep them away from the press and the questions.

touree

Threads
I have been following the news and love the solidarity at show. In this kind of situation, people get to forget whatever sort of relations/enmity they have and get to work.

I hope the situation is brought under control in the shortest time possible.

Manny

Threads
Well, they went through hell on earth, for sure, so now maybe it will all be heaven for them. There are a lot of deals in the works for them, and they deserve it!

macky

Threads
I would bet that a movie about them would come out soon. Same thing happened with 9/11.

In the meantime, keeping the press off the survivors is a brilliant and noble move. For one thing, their respective families deserve their attention more than those wide-eyed scoop-seeking media people. I don't mean media people are bad. But I believe they need to be kept out at some points to preserve the sanity of people.