Export thread

Miimo Robotic Mower @ Honda Classic

robert@honda

robert@honda

You guys might remember the announcement last year about Miimo, Honda's robotic mower, that is now on sale in Europe.

This week, Miimo is at the Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens working in special demonstration area with a buried perimeter wire to define the turf to mow. Miimo is battery powered, and parks itself in a charging station as needed.

What do you guys think about this technology?

miimo02_zps9d950bd7.jpg miimo01_zpsca87d2f1.jpg miimo02_zps5df1a87f.jpg miimo03_zps66af5106.jpg miimo04_zpscfb46033.jpg

C

chenshaohong

That's really cool! Can someone upload video later?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

That's really cool! Can someone upload video later?

Here is an older video I found:

C

chenshaohong

Thank you Mr lawn mower fanatic, i saw you many times on many topics!
What do you think of Miimo? Will you buy it for your lawn?:confused2:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thank you Mr lawn mower fanatic, i saw you many times on many topics!
What do you think of Miimo? Will you buy it for your lawn?:confused2:

It looks like a good mower and I trust Honda a lot but I don't think I would buy one. I like mowing my lawn myself! :thumbsup:

C

chenshaohong

It looks like a good mower and I trust Honda a lot but I don't think I would buy one. I like mowing my lawn myself! :thumbsup:

Well, what kind of people will buy a robotic mower? Lazy people? Probably i don't agree with that, people do need some time enjoy with kids after work.:laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well, what kind of people will buy a robotic mower? Lazy people? Probably i don't agree with that, people do need some time enjoy with kids after work.:laughing:

:laughing: Very true....

MowerMike

MowerMike

Now if only they also had a robotic trimmer, edger and blower. :laughing:

reynoldston

reynoldston

The only way I could see this working is on a perfect lawn without many hills and trees. Yes there are lawns like that but around where I live you will not find many perfect lawns. Maybe in the future it will be something that will catch on. I would like to see one working.

MowerMike

MowerMike

I think if it could also pick up dog poop and bag it for disposal I might be interested.

C

chenshaohong

I think if it could also pick up dog poop and bag it for disposal I might be interested.

I hope so but it certainly will cost such a lot that ordinary family cant afford.:cool:

Husqvarna have had a version of this type out for a few years now, around nz$4300 for the premium model which has a 3000 square meter working area.

mikeypizano

mikeypizano

What about people who can't do there own lawns? :laughing:

C

chenshaohong

What about people who can't do there own lawns? :laughing:

you mean disabled people?:tongue: