Mice in my engine or - I hate those mieces to pieces

donb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Donb, if the engine started smoking and liquid coming out of the muffler, this is a symptom of a rich running condition. No need to replace the carb, just a need to give it a little TLC, a good cleaning and rebuilding. Don’t waste your money on a clone carb for a thirty year old engine. You won’t be happy. You don’t really need a full overhaul kit, just needle/seat and float bowl gasket. Disassemble the carb and find a local repair shop which has an ultrasound cleaner. I used to run them through the shop for free if they bought the parts from me,
Thanks!

donb

Forum Newbie
Threads
So you think clogged cooling fins,,,, is,,, no issue? She's just old?
I cleaned them AFTER the problem. They were packed with nest material under the shroud.
I'd say I only have 100 hours or less on it. It's used for brush in my field.

Richard Milhous

Threads
Cats ain't worth ¢ for killing mice. Get some snakes. And some poison.

Twenty years old? My main pusher is thirty. Hours/miles matter; age only a little. Abuse matters; so does maintenance. And original quality.

Since my wife isn't reading over my shoulder, I'll say this plain: Age don't matter until it's over thirty.

Lawn Addict
Threads
100% gas, & a dose of Seafoam as well,

Bhyte8bit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh, dealing with mice in your engine can be such a headache! I had a similar experience with my old mower last year. One suggestion was to use peppermint oil, as mice supposedly hate the smell. So, I soaked some cotton balls in peppermint oil and placed them around the engine compartment. I also made sure to seal any openings where mice could get in.