McCULLOCH D141 Leaf Blower Vac

Dreamen

Threads
I got this from a friend, it is in excellent shape and hardly used. I have rebuilt carbs many times on trimmers, blowers and saws and have never had this problem. I rebuilt carb with new gaskets, replaced gas lines. Reset the needle valves 1 1/2 turns. Fresh gas, and tried starting. It will fire but will not run, take out the plug and it is wet. Couple times when it would almost start it would smoke. Cleaned off plug and same thing again. I have not changed the plug, I have not had them go bad very often. Any suggestions. Tired of pulling on this thing. Thanks

Dreamen

Threads
IMG_2145.jpgIMG_2146.jpg
Hope the pictures help,This has been a stumper. I think I found the problem. #1 when I changed the gas lines I pinched the filter tube that goes in the tank when I put on the line. I took that off and I did get it to run but not well. I took off the cover and there is a plastic piece that covers the crank end just under the head. It was full of gas and oil. I took it off and it had a hole in it, like the crank end was rubbing on the plastic. There were pieces of plastic inside. I cleaned it up and used JBweld and filled in the hole, I made another gasket and will double gasket it to move this plastic piece out a bit. My guess is it is sucking air thru the hole and reason it would not run well. I know this may be a temp fix not sure if that part is available. Not a good design. I also think someone must of run it without oil or was defective from start. This blower is in excellent condition and do not feel it has been used much. Will let you know what happens
I did try starting with the muffler off and it did the same thing.

Dreamen

Threads
I patched the hole in the plastic piece covering the crank and connection rod. Made another gasket so I could double it up. First pull it started right up. Adjusted the carb and it runs great. Sounds good. When I pulled the muffler piston looks good, no scoring clean and shinny. My guess it was a defect from new and as soon as hole wore in the plastic piece it quit running. Hope to get a few years out of this. About time for blowing leaves. Hope this helps someone else that may have the same problem.