Maple Syrup is in the air!!

BHLC

Threads
Got my trees tapped yesterday! Bring on the warm days!!

Every day is a great day to be alive.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just love pure maple syrup. This pass year the price went over 60 dollars a gallon here in NY for light amber.

BHLC

Threads
We're around $45 to $50 any grade. We go through 6-8 gallons a year so I'm glad I make it and don't have to buy it

BHLC

Threads
Will do. Give me a few hours

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess as they tell me the very light amber or fancy they use to make candy so there isn't a large amount to sell, so the price is higher.
It is the same here 45 to 50 dollars for the medium and dark amber. When we first started buying it it in the 1960s it was 8 dollars a gallon and I had a place what would always save me a gallon of fancy every year.
I find that most people like the darker syrup because it has more flavor.

BHLC

Threads
We use the fancy for decorative bottles, and maple cream. We don't do candy. A lot of people do small bottles for wedding favors.

HarryHarley

Threads
Are there differences of "pure maple syrup"? What is the best to buy??

BHLC

Threads
Pure means nothing added, just the sap from the tree is boiled down into syrup. I personally like medium amber. I have a good friend that sells his wares online. His is organic which like everything that is organic is a bit more money.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
BHLC knows a lot more then me. What I know is Maple syrup in different grades. It is all to your own liking because not one is better then the next. I like
light amber and my wife likes medium amber so that means we always get medium. It all has a little different taste and the only way of knowing is to try it. The only bad maple syrup is called black strap and you get this from cooking it wrong. To make good maple syrup you need to know what you are doing.