Mantis coil replacement

ghost1

Threads
I own a Mantis cultivator model SV-2AE and trying to find a replacement coil part number 15660109820 which is showing no longer available. Is there anything that will replace it? It sets on bottom of cultivator separate from the flywheel and coil exciter.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

ghost1

Threads
Thanks for that info. I can't find the coil anywhere. It did spark a couple of times and engine did fire, but now nothing. I'm not sure if it's the coil for the exciter coil. I've never owned anything with a separate exciter coil and not really sure how it works. Guess it doesn't matter as they're not made anymore either. I thought a coil worked or didn't so I'm not 100 percent sure it is the coil that's the issue. Thanks again.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for that info. I can't find the coil anywhere. It did spark a couple of times and engine did fire, but now nothing. I'm not sure if it's the coil for the exciter coil. I've never owned anything with a separate exciter coil and not really sure how it works. Guess it doesn't matter as they're not made anymore either. I thought a coil worked or didn't so I'm not 100 percent sure it is the coil that's the issue. Thanks again.

My only suggestions would be to try an auto-electrical shop ( to test your cdi unit ) or possibly find one in a mower salvage yard something like ( Harald's ) I didn't know it was an Echo engine till I started researching ! Your part is out there ! somewhere, trouble is finding it, I seriously spent over 2 hours looking everywhere, found a lot on E-Bay but NO MATCHES .

1530392614.jpg

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Test the coils of both primary and secondary resistance see if you have anything near what's on the technical data page. you can also try a new condenser.