Mandy's new ranch

mandyjune

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello there! My name's Mandy and we have a little ranch out in California here that we are looking to get a lawnmower for! :)

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good for you Mandy, We are all glad you found us here at LMF. Did you need some help with the purchase decisions?
If so tell us about your lawn and your long term goals and we will do our best to help you.

mandyjune

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the warm welcome! I just wanted to poke around on this forum and hear about the pros and cons of certain lawn mowers over others. However, I'd love a recommendation. Our ranch is just under 1 acre.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great...
So are you the wanting to get some out door exercise OR the get it done as quickly and easily as possible so as to get on to something else...?

Either way there are a lot of choices (New and Used) to fill your need.. :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great...
So are you the wanting to get some out door exercise OR the get it done as quickly and easily as possible so as to get on to something else...?

Either way there are a lot of choices (New and Used) to fill your need.. :smile:KennyV

Oh, take my advice...buy a 35 horsepower, 6 foot wide cutting John Deere with all the bells and whistles...a RANCH deserves the very best lawn care equipment available, and a tractor like that will make you the envy of your neighbors....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing:

For only an acre (unless there are no trees), I'd go with a rear-engine rider, like a snapper (if you want new good stuff), or the new weed eater, if you don't have hills and back problems (if you want new cheap stuff).

For used RER's, id go with a John Deere.

That's my $.02