Making custom decals

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd kinda like to do an IH theme on this tractor.

In the white area, I'd like to put a custom decal that reads "MURRAY OHIO [next line in smaller letters] MANUFACTUING CO."

I want it in red, simmilar to what the tractor is, or best, in chrome/black outline.

Any suggestions where such custom decals can be made?

EDIT: After posting this thread, links came up at the bottom, with KennyV's suggestions from like 6 months ago. New question, did anyone follow Kenny's links? I did.....but would like to know, was it worthwhile? Was the experience ok? Looks too "animated .gif-y" to be good. Let me know, please.

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with a custom decal co., that they liked. Not a result from a google search. I can do that myself. Not to slam Kenny's response, or anything. If you use and trust them, Kenny, let me (and the rest of us) know.

Attachments

• DSCF0592_2.jpg
    DSCF0592_2.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have bought custom vinyl signs, banners & decals from a local sign shop that has made hundreds of custom things like that for me...
Check in your area, there easily could be a place that will let you come up with about any thing you want to design...
The Vinz Decals was recommended to me by a friend, he ordered regularly for his paint & body shop, he thought they had good graphics and fair prices... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
twall,my brother made some decals for a friend to put on some model planes.I think he got the stuff off the internet and used his scanner to make them.I'll give him a call tonight and get back to you. russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My thanks to both of you. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
twall
Have you checked with your local sign making shops... there should be some of the instant sign, banner making places in your area... they have cutters that operate like large printers and can handle small or large sheet stock. Their pricing should be VERY reasonable and they can usually create and make what you want 'while you wait... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
twall
Have you checked with your local sign making shops... there should be some of the instant sign, banner making places in your area... they have cutters that operate like large printers and can handle small or large sheet stock. Their pricing should be VERY reasonable and they can usually create and make what you want 'while you wait... :smile:KennyV

The only sign shops anywhere near where I live (unless I want to dredge through the slums of Buffalo) all only cater to big deal commercial stuff. They could do smaller stuff, but one guy kinda summed it up: "it's not worth my time to f--- with little stuff. Unless you're going to spend at least a hundred here, it's not worth turning on the machine."

That's why I have a sense of humor......otherwise I'd be doing life in the penn!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not sure where in NY you are ...
check if you have a 'Signs Now' place near you...
They are very good at small onezee orders and will generally go out of their way to fix you up...

Also you might ask the place that only "catered to big deal commercial stuff", who their larger customers are...
You may be surprised that you may know one of them...
I know that every now and then I would get a call from someone that knew I did business with 'so & so' and they would ask if I could include a smallish addition to my regular order... It was normally no problem and everyone could see that it was done. You would be surprised at how many folks will do little things like that, and usually with no charge to anyone. Just as good will... :smile:KennyV