LX279 muffler needed

arch252

Threads
Anyone have any leads on where to locate a muffler for a JD LX279? It's a 17hp liquid cooled Kawasaki. The one I have is beyond repair. Thanks in advance.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
what did JD say when you contacted them? I did a GOOGLE search on LX279 and the word MUFFLER and found that an AM133590 is supposed to fit it. No idea if that is correct but lots of places sell that part and the prices are all close to the same, just under $200.

arch252

Threads
Sorry, I should have specified, looking for a used muffler.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only place you may find a used muffler is a small engine boneyard. If that is the route you want to go I suggest you do a google search for small engine repair shops within 50 miles of where you live and start making phone calls. Might find someone who has one lying around.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And your chances of finding a good one are not much better than winning the lottery twice, without a ticket.
The first bit that falls apart is usually the muffler.
Mower engines are not tuned so the muffler is not particulartly important for any reason other than preventing fresh ait contacting the exhaust valve and burning it
I am jet to find a twin cylinder one where the exhaust pipes are actually fixed into the muffler.
So any mower muffler that is the right dimensions can be made to fit but it can be a big job to do it .
Mufflers ar part of the mower in most cases so are quite expensive because of low volume production