LTX1040 Fuel Leak

fayjim2

Threads
Mower leaks fuel from carburator when shut down. I put a shutoff valve before the filter to temporarily solve problem 3 years ago. I,m guessing that its from that solenoid but its hard for me to see down there. Is that solenoid really necessary? Or should I buy a solenoid and orings? Does a new carb come with a solenoid. Help Good Info I can use None from I heard from a guy please Jim Senn Athol Idaho

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
yes, no, yes
Post engine manufacturer name, model, serial & all numbers from engine. thanks Mark

Last edited:

fayjim2

Threads
I would really like a reply that says something about the QUESTIONS that I asked. Thank You

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would really like a reply that says something about the QUESTIONS that I asked. Thank You
Fix the needle and seat. You failed to do this three years ago.
Mower leaks fuel from carburator when shut down.
Fix the carb needle and seat or replace the carb with an OEM original factory type. OR is the bowl gasket leaking?
I put a shutoff valve before the filter to temporarily solve problem 3 years ago.
That really didn't fix your issue then nor now right? You threw a Band-Aid at it was all.
I,m guessing that its from that solenoid but its hard for me to see down there
That solenoid you are speaking about is an anti-backfire solenoid. It shuts off fuel when you kill the engine.
Is that solenoid really necessary?
It is if you don't want a small pop when you kill the engine. One can also snip the plunger off and use the fuel shutoff valve too.
Or should I buy a solenoid and orings?
You need to do more testing before you fire the parts canon at it. You don't know right now if it is faulty.
Does a new carb come with a solenoid.
You will have to check your parts schematic and see or call and ask your engine manufacturer to be sure.
Help Good Info I can use None from I heard from a guy please Jim Senn Athol Idaho
Have no clue what was conveyed here??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
OP, where's the fuel leaking from? is leaking from around where the solenoid screws in, or is it dripping from the venturi (big hole)
1681773668524.png

Forest#2

Threads
Post up the engine model, type, code and the exact model number of your tractor/mower and we can then MAYBE give you logical answer to your questions and them MAYBE get on the same page as you.

Thanks

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
A fuel shut off solenoid does not shut off the fuel coming into the carb and will not stop the engine from flooding. It stops the fuel from going into the engine from the carb. If the needle and seat are leaking it will still flood the engine through the bowl vent.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
!0 NO the solenoid is double sealed so it can not leak but the thread around it can if it s loose
It is a 1/2: flat so you need a very thin 1/2 spannar to get in there
2) if it is leaking and the solenoid is tight then it is comng from bowl vent hole .
Usually this will leak into the engine but iff the mounting bolts are not as tight as they should be or the carb to manifold gasket is broken fuel can leak dound the carb an drip off the solenoid because it is the lowet spot .

fayjim2

Threads
Now that's a lot of good info. That popping you mentioned, It has done that on shutdown for the last couple years. Also, the tractor only has 150 hours total and I'm the second owner. So I think I will try to examine it a little closer and hopefully its only the solenoid that is the issue. Thanks Jim Senn Athol Idaho