LT1042

TripodMedic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all! Let me start by saying I don't know a ton about engines. I'm very handy though so I try to learn and do as much as I can.

So, I'm having an issue with my lt1042. I got it used about 4 years ago, with low hours, so i really haven't had any problems before. End of last season, I found a rather large mouse nest in the engine. My dad and I cleaned it out, and he repaired a wired that had been chewed. Finished my last mow and tucked it away for the season. Went to start it this year and could only get it to "click" (battery was on a trickle all winter). Finally got it to turn over and start, but after 30 seconds it died, and now there is zero electrical. No click, no lights on the dash, nada. I don't see any other chewed wires, but my guess is I'm missing one. Where should I check? What would cause complete electrical loss?

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the noob questions! We all have to start somewhere right?

~B

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A little hint
As you should clean the fins every season, take the blower housing off after the last mow of the season.
If the mice nest behind the dash then remove the hood as well this will make the mice find some where else to reside
Better still is to get a cat and lock it in the shed / garage overnight and only feed it in the mornings
I do that here and it works a treat se gets about 1/2 dozen mice at this time of the year and the odd rat .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Heck I just buy pet mice candy bars, put under the house in my garage and the mice are happy to play dead.