Lower cost parts..???

wheelie

Threads
I just bought a Brute (MTD) with a 46' deck (believe about 2009 model year).. The tractor itself looks like brand new.. not a scratch or wear mark on it.. The deck has a couple issues.. Center spindle is going out (Center blade was bent so probably the cause..) and the discharge chute is missing.... HELP.. a Discharge Chute at $45.00 or more.. Sure would like to find a place with better rates.. I also have a 2000 17HP 42 inch Ace (MTD). that Have ben keeping running for the last 6 years.. .. appreciate any advice .. both on costs and on the mowers.. This Brute is way more sophisticated than I have ran before. LOL.. Thanks..
mower model is 13AL605H057

nbpt100

Threads
Brute is made by Briggs and Stratton. I never worked on one, The only place around my parts that I ever saw one was in a SAMS club. I Would assume it is like a Snapper. Maybe someone with direct experience can comment

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is a Brute tractor built for Walmart by MTD, not Brute lawn mower built by Briggs. You are only going to save yourself a few bucks if you are able to disassemble the spindle and replace only the bad parts. Might just need a new shaft or bearings.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Say thank you to President Trump
Bringing production back to the USA and having a trade war with China was only going to do one thing to prices
All my wholesalers have increased prices this year
RGS went up 15% and Stens went up 4% .
Discharge shoots are mower parts and just about every deck uses a different chute and they are a bulky item so a lot of warehouse space needs to be devoted to them
Warehouses cost money and a single pallet space can run over a grand a year so you need to be making over a grand in profit a year on what was on that pallet just cover the cost of it sitting there getting old.
Then it has the be ordered, picks, packed, despatched & delivered to the shop before finally being in your hot hands so in reality at $ 45 they are most likely loosing money on it .
FWIW a 42" craftsman ( Husqvarna style ) deck chute down here is $ 175 ( Aus ) around $ 120 US and they would be the most common & fasted moving chutes down here .

You're down yonder. How is Trumps trade war affecting you?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Fish.
President Bush has been replaced with president Trump
No Idea where Bush came from , must have been talking about him on the radio when I was typing the reply

I would suggest music instead of politics. There's not a thing any of us can do about what "they" do.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have tinnitus from years of working in very noisy environments .
SO I don't really listen to the radio, it is just there in the background so my ears can focus on it and not the ringing .
Nothing President Trump dose makes diddley squat of a difference down here but every time he farts it is the lead story on the news broadcasts
The Jewish mafia make sure every time some one farts the wrong way in Israel it becomes the lead story in every news broadcast on every station over every type of medial.
After that President Trump will always be the follow up story .
For some unbeknown reason the OZ media have this thing about the USA.
We get more USA stories down here than most places in the USA.
A couple of years back we were hosting 1/2 dozen Americans who were attending a motorcycle rally.
From Maine to Florida to Texas to Arizona , all of them noted there were more USA political stories on OZ news that they would hear back home .
So far today I have heard all 3 Trump addresses and 2 from Bidon , plus an address from Pence and back to back analysis from "experts " both local & OS

The reserve bank met today ( First tuesday of every month ) and made a major anouncement on money printing & interest rates , it got 3 seconds between commentators from the USA who were supposedly boarding up their shops & locking away the ammunition.
That got followed up by armchair "experts" predicting which cities would have armed uprisings if President Trump was not returned , and on & on & on it goes,
Like who gives a stuff in the USA let alone in Australia .

As for China we have enough idiot politicians of our own who continue to insult & offend the Chinese government so right now China has put massive import duties on all Australian domestic exports into China .
In fact everything except Iron ore & metallurgical coal is being played with .
They can not play funny buggers with that because it would make a massive price increase in Chinese steel .

Australian governments of any colour have one & only one outstanding ability.
To shoot the country in it's own foot .