Lost a customer last week.

edd

Threads
i did a cut for a lady and she complained that i stirred up too much dust.....also that my mower ran too fast and would i slow down and not stir up dust.....august in south alabama can be dry and dusty....she turned into a one time cut

Threads
i did a cut for a lady and she complained that i stirred up too much dust.....also that my mower ran too fast and would i slow down and not stir up dust.....august in south alabama can be dry and dusty....she turned into a one time cut

'Too much dust'...never heard that one before! :confused2:

Parkmower

Threads
'Too much dust'...never heard that one before! :confused2:

Yeah I always close my kitchen windows when I mow my yard. One dry time I didn't and found a layer of dirt over all my counters and cabinets.

Threads
Yeah I always close my kitchen windows when I mow my yard. One dry time I didn't and found a layer of dirt over all my counters and cabinets.

Yeah so do I but I didn't know it could put a layer of dust in the house! :eek:

lawnbarbers

Threads
I have actually thought about going up on her is she fires me again.

You never win in a price war at the end of it. Sometimes they just want you to stand up to them and then you get their respect. If they don't respect you, you don't need them at any price. One door closes two open....

DaveTN

Threads
When I was a young teen I used to cut grass in the neighborhood and had about 25 yards spread over two weeks. I'd do 1/2 of them one week and the rest the next week. Usual price back then in the mid 60's was $2-$5 bucks a yard. Usually charge a buck for trimming, which I hated since we didn't have weed eaters then! Anyway this old penny pincher lady across the street from me used to mow her double lot with a push reel mower...no engine! Take her most of the day to mow it. Then she'd have to use the grim reaper sickle to cut the weeds after that. Anyway she asked me to mow it for her and she haggled with me over it. The double lot was worth $5 since she had flower beds, flag stones, all around in the lot the house sat on. The vacant lot didn't have anything out in the open so it was easier to mow even tho it had more grass. I charged her $2 to mow it out of sympathy. I mowed it twice and she told me not to do it again because that was too much. She got one of her renters upstairs to mow it and knock off on rent. He charged her $5 and she had a fit over it. Came back to me and wanted me to do it again for $2 and I refused. I said..."Mrs. Kreider...I was mowing it for LESS than 1/2 price for you...so I guess you'll have to find somebody else or mow it yourself!" Seems you guys ran into your own crudgemungeons as well. I wouldn't go back for 2nds on those tightwads and fussy pants customers. Good Riddance says I.

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I was a young teen I used to cut grass in the neighborhood and had about 25 yards spread over two weeks. I'd do 1/2 of them one week and the rest the next week. Usual price back then in the mid 60's was $2-$5 bucks a yard. Usually charge a buck for trimming, which I hated since we didn't have weed eaters then! Anyway this old penny pincher lady across the street from me used to mow her double lot with a push reel mower...no engine! Take her most of the day to mow it. Then she'd have to use the grim reaper sickle to cut the weeds after that. Anyway she asked me to mow it for her and she haggled with me over it. The double lot was worth $5 since she had flower beds, flag stones, all around in the lot the house sat on. The vacant lot didn't have anything out in the open so it was easier to mow even tho it had more grass. I charged her $2 to mow it out of sympathy. I mowed it twice and she told me not to do it again because that was too much. She got one of her renters upstairs to mow it and knock off on rent. He charged her $5 and she had a fit over it. Came back to me and wanted me to do it again for $2 and I refused. I said..."Mrs. Kreider...I was mowing it for LESS than 1/2 price for you...so I guess you'll have to find somebody else or mow it yourself!" Seems you guys ran into your own crudgemungeons as well. I wouldn't go back for 2nds on those tightwads and fussy pants customers. Good Riddance says I.

Ya those customers just are not worth the trouble