Loose valve cup

Curtisun

Threads
I have run upon several that the lifter was bad. If you remove the lifter below where the rounded washer sits is the hole the stud goes through, inspect that area for cracks or warpage. if it is cracked that allows the adjuster to get to end of treads before closing gap.

double yellow

Threads
just set them around 6 thousands. it will work. can set it a little tighter if you want. but this is a good setting to make it run. but the twin cam has a compression release in them. it works on the exhaust valve. make sure it works. if not. you need to remove the top cover. and check the exhaust cam. check the spring on the cam. it works the part that releases the compression. if the spring is broke. need to get a new spring. it should fix it. can get a spring from cub dealer.
Thanks very much

double yellow

Threads
I have run upon several that the lifter was bad. If you remove the lifter below where the rounded washer sits is the hole the stud goes through, inspect that area for cracks or warpage. if it is cracked that allows the adjuster to get to end of treads before closing gap.
Thanks

double yellow

Threads
I had an old KAWASAKI FD590V with similar symptoms. Turned out to be valves that were never/insufficiently hardened from the factory. The valves wore in such a way that there was no longer any material at the head, and they just sucked into the head, causing the pushrods to come off ...
sounds bad. good luck

double yellow

Threads
these are adjustable. in the center of the rocker arm bolt. there is a Allen bolt. need to take a Allen wrench. and back it out a little. till it adjust it till it is ware you need it to be. do not need to turn it a lot. just play with it. and you can get adjusted to ware you need it to be.
fine thanks

double yellow

Threads
sounds like a Monday job maybe

double yellow

Threads
these are adjustable. in the center of the rocker arm bolt. there is a Allen bolt. need to take a Allen wrench. and back it out a little. till it adjust it till it is ware you need it to be. do not need to turn it a lot. just play with it. and you can get adjusted to ware you need it to be.
You were right. Thanks

double yellow

Threads
just set them around 6 thousands. it will work. can set it a little tighter if you want. but this is a good setting to make it run. but the twin cam has a compression release in them. it works on the exhaust valve. make sure it works. if not. you need to remove the top cover. and check the exhaust cam. check the spring on the cam. it works the part that releases the compression. if the spring is broke. need to get a new spring. it should fix it. can get a spring from cub dealer.
I know at times the starter acts like it has a drag on it. then fires up.

double yellow

Threads
any one have a good used leaf bagging unit that will fit this mower LT1 18 HP twin cam

dcohick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will take some pictures as soon as I can . Push rod is still loose in the head when no pressure is on the rod. It appears the valve worked loose . Valve spring still compressers, when motor rotates by hand
Thanks for all help.
Bent push rod....