Loose valve cup

double yellow

Threads
Both studs are the same length so if one is sitting higher then the other one, it has backed out some.
I have not taken the other cap nut off to measure the stud. From looks they seem to be the same. Is the cap nut hollow all the way through?

thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have not taken the other cap nut off to measure the stud. From looks they seem to be the same. Is the cap nut hollow all the way through?

thanks
Are you taking about a rocker arm adjusting nut? What is a cap nut? Post up some pictures please of what you are saying. I'm lost.......

double yellow

Threads
It is the kohler SV541-3218 Is the stud screw nut threaded all the way through?

Are you taking about a rocker arm adjusting nut? What is a cap nut? Post up some pictures please of what you are saying. I'm lost.......
Yes the rocker adjusting nut.
I unscrewed the other adjusting nut on the other valve and measured the distance on the inside threaded adjusting nut and the one that came loose is shorter inside the threaded area than the other one, Seams like the loose one broke the tip off the threaded stud. Any idea of how to get the broken piece out. Studs are case hardened. Also what are the gap measurements of the valve. and which one is the exhaust valve?

Thanks

double yellow

Threads
The cap adjusting nut that screws on the stud to adjust the valves
thanks

double yellow

Threads
Any one know the valves gap on both valves Kohler motor Serl # 4706730603. twin cam

craigr007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub cadet Serl # 4706730603 kohlor 18 hp twin cam courage motor. Wan.t start do to a loose valve. Tried to tighten the nut that adjust the valve, but the nut will bottom out before the cap gets to where it is suppose to be. Real louse cap. acts like the stud is to long.
Pleasr help me with another problem
these are adjustable. in the center of the rocker arm bolt. there is a Allen bolt. need to take a Allen wrench. and back it out a little. till it adjust it till it is ware you need it to be. do not need to turn it a lot. just play with it. and you can get adjusted to ware you need it to be.

craigr007

Forum Newbie
Threads
these are adjustable. in the center of the rocker arm bolt. there is a Allen bolt. need to take a Allen wrench. and back it out a little. till it adjust it till it is ware you need it to be. do not need to turn it a lot. just play with it. and you can get adjusted to ware you need it to be.
i work on cubs a lot. and all kohlers, briggs, and others are in fact adjustable

craigr007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any one know the valves gap on both valves Kohler motor Serl # 4706730603. twin cam
just set them around 6 thousands. it will work. can set it a little tighter if you want. but this is a good setting to make it run. but the twin cam has a compression release in them. it works on the exhaust valve. make sure it works. if not. you need to remove the top cover. and check the exhaust cam. check the spring on the cam. it works the part that releases the compression. if the spring is broke. need to get a new spring. it should fix it. can get a spring from cub dealer.

Fuzzy1

Threads
I had an old KAWASAKI FD590V with similar symptoms. Turned out to be valves that were never/insufficiently hardened from the factory. The valves wore in such a way that there was no longer any material at the head, and they just sucked into the head, causing the pushrods to come off ...