Looking for new Push mower (Not self propel), with Honda engine, but must cut to 4" max

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Looking for new Push mower (Not self propel), with Honda engine, but must cut to 4" max
Can't believe all the New no-frills "human powered" push mowers only cut to 3." or max @ 3.75"

When I find one that cuts @ 4 inch, it is self propelled.. Arrrgh.. And Side Discharge would be another "want".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Looking for new Push mower (Not self propel), with Honda engine, but must cut to 4" max
Looked at Toro, but their actual Human pushed mowers with a 4" cut seem to only come with Briggs engines, or 1 comes with their own branded toro engine. there was 1 with a GCV160, but it maxxed out at 3.75 inches.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Scrub-

I get a kick outta the 2 that say Side Discharge: Optional, Guess that involves chopping a hole in side of deck & adding discharge chute.. But they do say max cut is 4 inch.. Leary of the B&S ohv engines tho...

I should just get that Honda® HRS 216 & add taller ball bearing wheels.

My Z is Toro/Kawasaki, & Been super for over 6 years, since I bought it new.

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was thinking the same thing. Get a set of 1 inch dia. bigger wheels, same size axle, and look for actual bearings. Usually not expensive.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tom- That may indeed be the easiest way.. Trying to find one at a dealership to make sure it has at least 5/8" extra space to accommodate taller wheels.

Everywhere I call says, as soon as they get some, they are sold. Which sounds good, but bad for my plans....

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking all over for 9 inch wheels w/wheel bearings.. Finally checked Home Depot, they have Honda OEM wheels that are 9" & w/Wheel bearings for $22. for 2 wheels.. Price is best I've found. This just might work..

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then I check the Surplus Center & they have tons of wheels w/ball bearings. Only thing is, about every size except 9 inch.

And their prices are really low. I plan to contact them, & inquire where are they hiding the 9" ers..