looking for ignition coil for lawn mower

TobyU

Threads
That looks about like several the ones I found on eBay and fits many of the Briggs & Stratton engines.
I will caution people though to be careful about ordering from Amazon thinking you're getting the best price because that is not usually the case.
Now occasionally, like on zone control cables, they will actually have a two pack and a much better price per unit then you can get an individual one anywhere else even from them but normally if you go to eBay and search through the sellers and scroll down a bit you will find a better deal than Amazon.
PLUS Norm of the shipping is included and they don't play that game where you have to add an extra $10 to get your free shipping or be a prime member which is not nearly as popular as it used to be.

Amazon just brushes me the wrong way way too often.
There was a time where they had much better deals on parts and I was buying some old Murray parts from them but one of the problems with Amazon is if you place an order with four or five items in that order they will often hold up your entire order over one part etc.
I would rather order five separate parts from five five separate people on eBay because I still put them all in my checkout and pay for them all at once and that way they will all get here individually but I will have the other instead of an entire order being held up because of one or two parts.
Mostly though, it's about the money. I have almost always been able to find better prices on eBay than Amazon and since you're dealing with the exact person those people typically are in the lawn mower and outdoor power equipment world and just know more about it and do a better job shipping the parts and not sending the wrong ones.

superchief87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi expert,

My Ignition coil is dead! yes, I tested with a ignition coil tester.
I search web for briggs and stratton "9945d" coil pack but found nothing with exact match!
Anyone know if there is a compatible coil that would work, thank you very much.
The OAKTEN Ignition Coil is compatible with Briggs and Stratton 5 HP vertical and horizontal engines and includes coil and cable for easy assembly. It fits the following part numbers: 395491, 397358, 298316, 6970371. You can find it at Home Depot for $19.56