Price Check Looking for BEST PRICE for HRX217HZA or HRX217HYA - Any Suggestions For Best Deal?

Ruckus

Threads
  • / Looking for BEST PRICE for HRX217HZA or HRX217HYA - Any Suggestions For Best Deal?
I have decided to purchase either the HRX217HZA or the HRX217HYA. I would prefer the HRX217HZA, however it is $150 more for the key start. The best prices that I found locally were $849 for the HZA and $699 for the HYA. I would like to find the HZA for a lot less money than $849. Does anyone know of a dealer that might wholesale these mowers? Please let me know. Thank You!

krowten

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for BEST PRICE for HRX217HZA or HRX217HYA - Any Suggestions For Best Deal?
I would like to find the HZA for a lot less money than $849.
Don't think you'll have any luck with a "lot less". Best I've found is a dealer coupon for $20 off a purchase of $100. I think if you want to sell Honda mowers you have to price them as Honda wants.

Ruckus

Threads
Don't think you'll have any luck with a "lot less". Best I've found is a dealer coupon for $20 off a purchase of $100. I think if you want to sell Honda mowers you have to price them as Honda wants.

I think you are right, krowten. The best price I have found is $849. I am hoping that I have time next week to go pick one up. I put the front bumper back on my Toro Recycler and it has been starting better so that hasn't given me the big shove or desire for a new mower that I had when I was having so much trouble with my 2 year old Toro. The Toro is starting much better in this warmer weather. I still want to get the new Honda before the end of the month to make sure I get the extra year of warranty they are offering right now. Thanks for responding back to me.

krowten

Forum Newbie
Threads
Personally, I'm still undecided and wondering whether to wait until this Winter or next Spring to move up to a Honda. I like the idea of an extra year on the warranty, but I don't know what kind of specials Honda usually runs or how they set/change pricing. I'd hate to wait and end up paying more, as well as missing out on the extra warranty.

Anyone know if their prices usually go up, down, or remain fairly static? It appears that the model I'm interested in (HRR216VKA) has dropped a little in price. I keep seeing 'New- Lower price' on it at $399, but don't know what to expect, price wise, if I wait.

....it has been starting better so that hasn't given me the big shove or desire for a new mower that I had when I was having so much trouble with my 2 year old Toro.
Same here. My Troy Bilt push mower is behaving better and my desire for a Honda is conflicting with my reluctance to replace a working mower.

Threads
Personally, I'm still undecided and wondering whether to wait until this Winter or next Spring to move up to a Honda. I like the idea of an extra year on the warranty, but I don't know what kind of specials Honda usually runs or how they set/change pricing. I'd hate to wait and end up paying more, as well as missing out on the extra warranty.

Maybe if you buy around the new year this coming winter you can get a discounted price for some of "last years models" they want to get rid of! :thumbsup:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you buy new before May 31st, you'll get the extra year of warranty, but unlikely to find any mowers "on sale." You will have an unlimited selection, as this time of the year, inventory levels are high and it is the height of the mower selling season. If you wait until late summer/early fall, you may find some returns/refurbs/floor models at a slightly discounted price, but the selection will be limited, and you'll won't get the extra year of warranty.

Paying a higher price only hurts once, but having a mower that is a compromise on features/performance lasts a lot longer. You may shop for a used one that matches your needs. Any remaining warranty stays with the mower. Send me the serial number and I can tell you if any warranty time is left on a specific unit.

EZ HONDA

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you buy new before May 31st, you'll get the extra year of warranty, but unlikely to find any mowers "on sale." You will have an unlimited selection, as this time of the year, inventory levels are high and it is the height of the mower selling season. If you wait until late summer/early fall, you may find some returns/refurbs/floor models at a slightly discounted price, but the selection will be limited, and you'll won't get the extra year of warranty.

Paying a higher price only hurts once, but having a mower that is a compromise on features/performance lasts a lot longer. You may shop for a used one that matches your needs. Any remaining warranty stays with the mower. Send me the serial number and I can tell you if any warranty time is left on a specific unit.

I have a HRX217HYA. Worried about gas consumption due to the 6.5 HP. Just curious if anyone has spec on how many square ft of lawn per gallon measurement available? Just curious.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a HRX217HYA. Worried about gas consumption due to the 6.5 HP. Just curious if anyone has spec on how many square ft of lawn per gallon measurement available? Just curious.

That would be a interesting number to determine. I've never seen any manufacturer publish such a number. Wonder if any of the testing firms like Consumer Reports has any data on mower fuel usage?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

My 160 cc engine is a very thirsty machine not sure on sq ft but switching from my personal pace to the honda I go through nearly twice the gas but the power is worth it. Mower gas consumption is the least of your worries :)

Threads
My 160 cc engine is a very thirsty machine not sure on sq ft but switching from my personal pace to the honda I go through nearly twice the gas but the power is worth it. Mower gas consumption is the least of your worries :)

The GCV190 engine on my Honda HRX217HYA is NOT a gas-guzzler. It is very efficient unless I am cutting foot-tall grass! :rolleyes: