Loncin LC1P91F compatible oil filter

Tennessee Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in the process of changing a blown B&S 18HP motor out of my Yard Master with the Loncin.
The Loncin went straight in. No modifications required. Even the wiring harness was compatible.
I'm about to run the engine in and will require a replacement oil filter very soon. In Australia, parts supply for Loncin engines isn't exactly plentiful, however I'm fairly confident that there would be alternative oil filters I can use.
The part number for the oil filter is 150350019-T240, which is also compatible with the LC1P96F. (548cc vs 608cc).
Can anyone advise on what if any alternative oil filters I can use?

TIA.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Both Roy Gripskie & Sons plus Stens do Loncin filters
RGS original & Stens OEM
Neither of them have any stock at present ,I have 5 on backorder for the brand new engines I have fitted.
The thread is 3/4 -16 NPTP which is the same as nearly all of the other mower filters
All mower filters are so close in specifications that provided the threads are the same they can be safely interchanged.
Should be $ 14 to $ 20 depending weather it is original or after market

Tried the 4 major on line retailers & none of them have it is stock either.
The Stens parts were supposed to be here in December & RGS parts are supposed to be here end of the month
Note the word SUPPOSED

For engines out of warranty I fit B&S filters and what determines the actual size is the amount of space available.
B & S Short 492932S if height is tight
B & S Long 499532 if there is no height restrictions

Tennessee Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Both Roy Gripskie & Sons plus Stens do Loncin filters
RGS original & Stens OEM
Neither of them have any stock at present ,I have 5 on backorder for the brand new engines I have fitted.
The thread is 3/4 -16 NPTP which is the same as nearly all of the other mower filters
All mower filters are so close in specifications that provided the threads are the same they can be safely interchanged.
Should be $ 14 to $ 20 depending weather it is original or after market

Tried the 4 major on line retailers & none of them have it is stock either.
The Stens parts were supposed to be here in December & RGS parts are supposed to be here end of the month
Note the word SUPPOSED

For engines out of warranty I fit B&S filters and what determines the actual size is the amount of space available.
B & S Short 492932S if height is tight
B & S Long 499532 if there is no height restrictions

Fantastic, thanks Bert. I saw in another thread that nearly all filters were the same, but I was unsure if the thread was metric, or imperial for Loncin engines and didn't really want empty the oil to measure the thread.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I seriously doubt that Hendersons have any in stock.
They are one of the on line retailers who have no sock & order parts in after you have paid.
Allmower Spares have the "Ships in 2 to 3 days tag on it and the RGS number so they have none & neither do RGS
Mower parts plus are the same
DMC at Charmhaven may have some because they order direct from Loncin
If the description or SKU number is the Loncin number with LON in front of it then it is wholesaled by RGS and they have a dealer locater on their web page
If it has a 123-123 type number then it is a Stens part
If the number has JM in it some where it is a Jack-Max part ( they also have a web page to list dealers ) but again JM do not list it & I no longer use any of their parts.
If it is J-??????? then it is a prime line part but they don't list any Loncin parts apart from air filters
There is one Loncin that has a metric filter ( 20mm x 1,5 ) and that takes any Honda mower filter.
Can't remember which one it was but I do remember doing 2 call backs cause there was oil under the customers mower as it works loose after a couple of months.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fantastic, thanks Bert. I saw in another thread that nearly all filters were the same, but I was unsure if the thread was metric, or imperial for Loncin engines and didn't really want empty the oil to measure the thread.
You will find that 3/4 - 16 and M20 x 1.5 are so close and the threads are so loosely cut you would be hard put to measure the difference.
I have been using the briggs short to replace the citron CV2 ( metric ) filter fitted to my Pomie bikes for decades, you just over tighten them a bit.
The right filter is $ 30 & the B & S one is $ 10

Tennessee Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, well I'll try a B&S filter and if it leaks I'll go for a Honda compatible part.
Thanks again!!